Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archives & Rare Books
- Patient Information
- Publishing & Publications
- Guides, Forms & Documents
The Queen Square Library has a
collection of over 10,000 books. The majority of our books are
format although some are available via the internet. A small
number of our books have an accompanying CD-ROM or DVD, some of which
are available to
library users. Details can be found on our
books with CDs information page. Recently purchased books are listed on our website. Also see our
ebooks information page
Finding a book in the Queen Square Library
To search for a book use the library catalogue.
Store collection: older books are kept in the local Neurology Store which is closed access. Please ask library staff for these books. To request an item from the Neurology Store, you may use any of the following methods:
- complete a request form at the desk and hand it to a member of library staff
- phone us with your request on x84144 (or external 020 7829 8709)
- email your request to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library staff collect items from the Store at 10.30am and 2.30pm each day and items will be available within 30 minutes of that time.
Please note that items kept in the main UCL store
can be requested as an inter-site request (at a cost of £1 per item) or, can be made via the central sites' Stores Service (note that you will need to travel to the central UCL sites to collect your request if using this option).
Borrowing a book from the Queen Square Library
Most books may be borrowed by registered users for four weeks and renewed if not reserved. Items required by another reader may be recalled after one week.
- Short loan books have a red stripe on the spine & can be borrowed for one week and renewed if not reserved.
- Overnight Loan books may only be borrowed after 5.00pm and must be returned by 10.00am the next working day.
- Coursebooks are for students studying at Queen Square only and can be borrowed for one week and renewed if not reserved, these are marked with a yellow spine label.
- Reference books must be used in the Library, the reference collections includes a small selection of dictionaries & directories
Is the book held in another library?
- Search for books held by libraries outside UCL via each library's catalogue. A list of key libraries can be found via our other libraries page (including the British Library, Wellcome Library, BMA etc.).
Is the book available online?
- ebook collections have been bought by the NHS at a national level for NHS staff and also by the university for UCL staff & students (please note that most will require you to log in).
- many of UCL's ebooks are listed in the library catalogue, and you can choose to limit your search to ebooks only. However, not all of UCL's ebook collection is listed in the catalogue and you should also visit the UCL ebooks page to view the packages available and to browse the lists of titles.
- Google Print allows you to search the contents of books although full text is only available for titles which are out of copyright or where the publisher has given permission.
Do you want us to the buy the book for the Library?
- We welcome suggestions about books to purchase for the Library. Please check our library catalogue first to make sure that we don't already have the book(s) and then visit our book suggestion page. Wherever possible we will buy the books you suggest, but we are constrained by the limits of our budget. We will usually give higher priority to books that are of interest to more than one person.
Do you want to request the book from another Library?
- The Interlibrary Loans service is available to registered library users based in Queen Square and Wakefield Street (including IoN staff & students, NHNN staff, and UCL staff based in Queen Square). For more information about the service see the Interlibrary Loans page. Please note that a charge is made for this service.
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright | Webmail
Queen Square Library. Formerly the Rockefeller Medical Library. Incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter