What is Green Impact?
Green Impact is an environmental accreditation and awards scheme run by the National Union of Students.
Green Impact at UCL
Green Impact is a UCL-wide environmental competition and accreditation scheme that allows departments and divisions across the UCL to improve their environmental impact, support UCL's Sustainability Strategy and engage peers and colleagues with these essential issues.
UCL Green Impact award winners at the Institute of Neurology
We're delighted to announce the following teams' accreditations which will be presented at the UCL Sustainability Awards ceremony on 5th September 2017:
- Education Unit - Office Silver
- IoN admin (23 Queen Square) - Office Silver
- Queen Square Library - Office Excellence
- Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders - Labs Platinum
- “Wakefield Street Brainiacs” (Department of Molecular Neuroscience and The Reta Lila Weston Institute of Neurological Studies) - Labs Bronze
Abi Li receiving the "Wakefield Street Brainiacs"
Anna Hands and Debbie Hadley receiving the
Sobell Labs award
Sarah Lawson receiving the Queen Square
Library Office award
This follows our success at the UCL Sustainability Awards in September 2016:
- DCEE - Working towards accreditation
- DRC - Gold
- Education Unit - Bronze
- Queen Square Library - Platinum
Queen Square Library and the Dementia Research Centre (DRC) also received Platinum and Silver awards at the UCL Green Impact awards 2015
Help and support
- UCL Green Impact website, including their Resources page
- Guide for ideas on making a difference with quick and easy changes
- Introduction to Sustainability elearning course
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact IoN's Green Champion: email@example.com