UCL Institute of Neurology
- IoN HOME
- About the Institute
- Study Here
- Research Departments
- Services & Library
- Vacancies and PhD projects
- Contact Us
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Support Us
Neurology 2014: leading edge neurology for the practising clinician - 26-28 March 2014
This is an annual course, inaugurated in 2014, for
consultants and trainees in neurology and other neuroscience specialities. The course is designed to provide a comprehensive update on
the practical hospital management of common neurology diseases, with an
emphasis on modern techniques and therapies. The course aims to be
didactic, but also entertaining and informative and it is hoped that
this will become a annual highlight of the British neurology calendar.
The course will cover the following areas: neuromuscular disease, epilepsy, ataxia, movement disorders, dementia and degenerative neurology, multiple sclerosis, stroke and emergency neurology. The format will include lectures, a debate, a CPC, video sessions and there will be an international lecture which promises to be instructive and entertaining.
In addition, there is a half-day pre-course session for trainees ‘cramming for the exit exam’.
CPD has been applied for (we anticipate 15 points).
- Lectures, video session, CPC, debate, International Lecture
- Delivered by faculty of 17 neurologists and neuropsychiatrists
- A course book
- Sessions on: Muscle and nerve, epilepsy, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, degenerative disease, stroke and emergency medicine
- Additional pre-course session on ‘Cramming for the exit exam’ for clinical trainees.
£100 per day for consultant and associate specialists
£50 per day for clinical trainees and research fellows