UCL Institute of Neurology
- IoN HOME
- About the Institute
- Study Here
- Research Departments
- Department of Brain Repair & Rehabilitation
- Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience
- Department of Molecular Neuroscience
- Department of Neurodegenerative Disease
- Department of Neuroinflammation
- Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders
- Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience
- Services & Library
- Vacancies and PhD Projects
- Contact Us
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Support Us
- IoN Intranet
- Department Home
- Postgraduate Training and Studentships
- Engineering Design
- Unit of Functional Neurosurgery
- Emeritus Staff
Postgraduate Training and Studentships
The Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders and affiliated units offer excellent facilities for Postgraduate Training. We have an outstanding track record in training top-quality students to PhD level. Currently, there are 30 Postgraduate students in the department who participate in their own regular series of research talks as well as in the exciting journal club and seminar series of the Institute of Movement Neuroscience (IMN). Many of our Postgraduate students have gone on to pursue exciting international careers in neuroscience.
Our academic staff are able to devote a significant proportion of their time to supervision and training of research students, and are available to support and guide you in undertaking your research, developing research skills and techniques, and in preparation of your written thesis.
The Sobell Department also offers support to Postgraduate students by means of its Graduate Tutor with a regular appraisal and reporting system. A particular attraction to our students is the facility to choose optional topics from the Institute of Neurology’s MSc courses, IMN activities; Journal Clubs, Workshops, Seminars etc. We also have a departmental Graduate Students Club for social activities.
Each Research Project is supervised by two academic staff, and we strongly encourage projects with joint supervision between the Sobell Department and other departments at the Institute of Neurology and University College London.
For more information on PhD Opportunities, visit the Institute of Neurology’s Education Unit.
IoN Education Unit
UCL Graduate School
Institute of Movement Neuroscience
Sobell Research Groups