UCL Institute of Neurology
- IoN HOME
- About the Institute
- Study Here
- Research Departments
- Research Groups and Themes A-Z
- Department of Brain Repair & Rehabilitation
- Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience
- Department of Molecular Neuroscience
- Department of Neurodegenerative Disease
- Department of Neuroinflammation
- Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging
- Clinical Divisions
- Services & Library
- Vacancies and PhDs
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Contact Us
- Staff Intranet
- IoN Directory
Published: Oct 10, 2014 5:54:41 PM
Published: Feb 20, 2014 6:58:34 PM
Published: Feb 24, 2014 2:53:53 PM
Published: Jun 17, 2015 2:00:39 PM
Published: Jul 21, 2015 10:48:18 AM
Published: Jun 29, 2015 9:15:27 AM
The research programme is driven by teams led by a Principal Investigator, with staff grouped into eight Research Departments that reflect their specialist interests and affinities. This structure helps promote close multidisciplinary interaction between teams of scientists with a wide variety of backgrounds and qualifications who work together on a single disease-based topic.
The academic staff also belong to one of six different Divisions: these have been established to ensure that professional affiliations are well represented and to provide a forum for those with similar specialist training.
Please also see our Research profiles, Research Groups and Themes and our Research Excellence page. The Faculty of Brain Sciences website also has videos of some of our researchers talking about their research.
- Department of Brain Repair & Rehabilitation (Professor Xavier Golay)
- Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy (Professor Matthew Walker)
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience (Hampstead Campus) (Professor Tony Schapira)
Department of Molecular Neuroscience (Professor John Hardy)
Department of Neurodegenerative Disease (Professor John Collinge)
Department of Neuroinflammation (Professor Ken Smith)
- Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders (Professor Linda Greensmith);
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging (Professor Ray Dolan)
The Institute also has active collaborative research programmes with the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit, Leonard Wolfson Experimental Neurology Centre and the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour.
Please see our Related Organisations page for other collaborators.
Page last modified on 20 feb 15 14:28