2010 IoN News Archive
- Professor Alan Thompson elected as Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Michael J. Fox Foundation awards IoN researcher grant to advance Parkinson's research.
- Traces of the past: computer algorithm ‘reads’ memories
- Professor Lees awarded first Lord Brain Memorial Lecture
- Award for Professor Chris Frith
- Professor John Duncan appointed as NIHR Senior Investigator
- Queen Square Symposium success
- IoN brings the scientific method to London primary schools
- Robot trainer to benefit stroke patients
- Researchers to study how the brain 'rewires itself'
- St Peter's Medal for Professor Clare Fowler
- Elections to the Academy of Medical Sciences Fellowships announced
- New website to help stroke survivors learn to read again
- Queen's Birthday Honours
- Brain study reveals that agreement is rewarding
- Wellcome Success
- Win for IoN at Shape of Science Symposium
- Research shows that two heads are better than one
- Lizard venom offers hope for Parkinson’s disease patients
- Epilepsy prizes
- Developing a cell library resource for dementia research
- Stents may double the risk of stroke in patients over 70
- Scientists identify link between introspection and brain structure
- IoN scientist lands £329k funding boost from dementia research charity.
- Study results consistent with earlier estimates of vCJD prion prevalence in Britain
- Parkinson's UK Fellowship Award
- Award for Professor Lees
- 2010-11 IoN PhD Studentship Round Now Open
- New brain imaging tests to track Huntington’s
- World-leading scientist secures funding for gene research
- Fighter pilots' brains are ‘more sensitive
- Alzheimer’s changes detectable in healthy elderly
- IoN Student wins Santander Formula One Scholarship
- New hope for cluster headache sufferers
- Prestigious European research grant awarded
- New centre brings hope to patients with muscle wasting diseases
- Prestigious stroke program grant awarded
- A role for astrocytes in learning and memory?
Published: Jul 30, 2014 4:24:32 PM
Published: Dec 10, 2013 2:49:43 PM
Published: Jan 16, 2014 12:32:49 PM
Published: May 11, 2013 3:39:00 PM
Published: Sep 16, 2013 1:37:21 PM
Elections to the Academy of Medical Sciences Fellowships announced
6 May 2010
Figures from UCL Neuroscience feature strongly in the newly announced elections to the Fellowship of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
Professors Nick Fox (IoN Department of Neurodegenerative Disease), David Miller (IoN Department of Neuroinflammation), Geraint Rees (UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience) and Bill Richardson (UCL Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research) join the ranks of the United Kingdom's most distinguished medical scientists.
The newly elected Fellows, commenting on their awards said:
“I am delighted to have been honoured by the Academy for my dedication to the scientific endeavour and my contributions to cell biology and developmental neuroscience over more than 30 years, most of them at UCL.” Professor Bill Richardson
"It is a great honour to be elected to the Academy and I look forward to having the opportunity to contribute to its vitally important work" Professor Geraint Rees
"I would like to thank the Academy for this honour and in doing so acknowledge the essential collaboration of many colleagues at IoN and the National Hospital, and the longstanding support of the MS Society to my research." Professor David Miller.
"I feel very honoured to be elected to the Academy. I think that the work the Academy does as an advocate for medical sciences is particularly important at this time." Professor Nick Fox.
Fellowship of the Academy is awarded to doctors and medical researchers in recognition of the excellence of their science, their contribution to medicine and society and the range of their achievements.
Professor Alan Thompson, congratulating colleagues added: "It is also a
particular pleasure and testimony to the research strength of
IoN and UCL Neuroscience to see that we have been so successful this
year in having four fellows elected to the Academy of Medical Sciences."
Links>> UCL Neuroscience | Academy of Medical Sciences | UCL News
Page last modified on 06 may 10 12:42