2010 IoN News Archive
- Professor Alan Thompson elected as Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Michael J. Fox Foundation awards IoN researcher grant to advance Parkinson's research.
- Traces of the past: computer algorithm ‘reads’ memories
- Professor Lees awarded first Lord Brain Memorial Lecture
- Award for Professor Chris Frith
- Professor John Duncan appointed as NIHR Senior Investigator
- Queen Square Symposium success
- IoN brings the scientific method to London primary schools
- Robot trainer to benefit stroke patients
- Researchers to study how the brain 'rewires itself'
- St Peter's Medal for Professor Clare Fowler
- Elections to the Academy of Medical Sciences Fellowships announced
- New website to help stroke survivors learn to read again
- Queen's Birthday Honours
- Brain study reveals that agreement is rewarding
- Wellcome Success
- Win for IoN at Shape of Science Symposium
- Research shows that two heads are better than one
- Lizard venom offers hope for Parkinson’s disease patients
- Epilepsy prizes
- Developing a cell library resource for dementia research
- Stents may double the risk of stroke in patients over 70
- Scientists identify link between introspection and brain structure
- IoN scientist lands £329k funding boost from dementia research charity.
- Study results consistent with earlier estimates of vCJD prion prevalence in Britain
- Parkinson's UK Fellowship Award
- Award for Professor Lees
- 2010-11 IoN PhD Studentship Round Now Open
- New brain imaging tests to track Huntington’s
- World-leading scientist secures funding for gene research
- Fighter pilots' brains are ‘more sensitive
- Alzheimer’s changes detectable in healthy elderly
- IoN Student wins Santander Formula One Scholarship
- New hope for cluster headache sufferers
- Prestigious European research grant awarded
- New centre brings hope to patients with muscle wasting diseases
- Prestigious stroke program grant awarded
- A role for astrocytes in learning and memory?
Published: Jan 16, 2014 12:32:49 PM
Published: May 11, 2013 3:39:00 PM
Published: Aug 12, 2014 1:23:13 PM
Published: Feb 20, 2014 6:58:34 PM
Published: Sep 16, 2013 1:37:21 PM
Published: Feb 24, 2014 2:53:53 PM
Published: Jul 30, 2014 12:36:53 PM
Published: Sep 11, 2014 12:27:54 PM
Professor John Duncan appointed as NIHR Senior Investigator
11 April 2010
The Institute is delighted to congratulate Professor John Duncan on his appointment as a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Senior Investigator.
Senior Investigators are NIHR’s most pre-eminent researchers and include some of the nation’s most outstanding leaders of patient and people based health and social care research.
Professor Duncan joins eight other members of Institute staff recognised in this way by the NIHR. They are Professors: Martin Brown, John Collinge, Nick Fox, Andrew Lees, David Miller, Martin Rossor, Alan Thompson, Nicholas Wood, the highest number in the field of neuroscience in any single institution in the UK.
Page last modified on 11 apr 10 20:33