IMPACT Pamphlet Launch: How to regulate faith schools
Oct 10, 2018 05:30 PM
End: Oct 10, 2018 07:30 PM
Location: Archaeology Lecture Theatre G6, 31-36 Gordon Square, London WC1H OPY
'How to regulate faith schools' is a bold, compelling and timely intervention in the public debate about faith-based education in the UK.
Should the state collaborate with religious organisations in the provision of schooling - and if it does, how much room is there for compromise on curriculum, pedagogy and admissions? How, if at all, should the state regulate faith-based education in the independent sector and in the home?
In this ground-breaking IMPACT pamphlet, authors Matthew Clayton, Andrew Mason, Adam Swift and Ruth Wareham tackle these questions head on. This seminar and drinks reception marks the launch of 'How to regulate faith schools'.
This event is free and open for all to attend, however booking is required.
- Professor Matthew Clayton and Dr Ruth Wareham, editors of the pamphlet
- Andrew Copson, Chief Executive of Humanists UK
- Emma Knights OBE, Chief Executive of the National Governance Association
- Lord Bhikhu Parekh, author of Rethinking Multiculturalism
- Professor Michael Hand, editor of IMPACT (Chair)
- Philosophy at the Institute of Education
- More events from Philosophy at the Institute of Education
- Department of Education, Practice and Society