Nazi concentration camps: a teacher workshop
Jun 21, 2017 04:00 PM
End: Jun 21, 2017 06:30 PM
Location: UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
This workshop is designed for Key Stage 3 teachers
to develop insights into Holocaust pedagogy through an innovative new website that serves as an important teaching
and learning resource in Holocaust Studies.
Following the success of Professor Nikolaus Wachsmann's book ‘KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps’ (2015), a website on the 'Nazi Concentration Camps' has been developed to put this acclaimed research into the domain of secondary school teachers and students.
The workshop will consist of three parts:
- An insight into Professor Wachsmann's and UCL's research
- An overview of student misconceptions on the camps, and of pedagogical approaches
- An insight into the site itself
Attendees will be working with Professor Nikolaus Wachsmann, Professor in Modern European History at Birkbeck (University of London) and Tom Haward, from the UCL Centre for Holocaust Education.
For more details about the workshop and to book your place, register below:
- The Nazi Concentration Camps - visit the website (www.camps.bbk.ac.uk)
- Research feature: What do students know and understand about the Holocaust? Evidence from English Secondary Schools
- About Professor Nikolaus Wachsmann (Birkbeck)
- UCL Centre for Holocaust Education