Knowledge, mind and understanding: aspects of contemporary educational practice in critical perspective
Apr 28, 2018 10:00 AM
End: Apr 28, 2018 05:00 PM
Location: Elvin Hall, UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WCH 0AL
The centre for Philosophy at the Institute of Education hosts this one-day event exploring the educational implications of philosophical work on knowledge, mind and understanding.
- Objectivity and subjectivity, fact and value.
Professor Paul Standish (UCL Institute of Education)
- Reading – a philosophical inquiry. Dr Andrew Davis (University of Durham)
- Vygotsky, pedagogy and inferentialism. Professor Jan Derry (UCL Institute of Education)
- What can philosophy tell us about how history made the mind? Video of the lecture by Professor David Bakhurst (Department of Philosophy, Queen’s University at Kingston, Canada).
This event is free to attend and all are welcome. Registration is essential - please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
Professor Jan Derry
- Alejandro Walter Salinas Lopez, UCL