International Centre for Education and Democratic Citizenship
Developing and sustaining a research programme in the interdisciplinary fields of citizenship, education and democracy including education for democratic citizenship.
The International Centre for Education and Democratic Citizenship (ICEDC) is a joint international research centre. We build on the existing strengths both within Birkbeck and UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Develop and sustain a research programme in the interdisciplinary fields of citizenship, education and democracy including education for democratic citizenship (EDC). Our research addresses national, European and international levels across all phases of education (early years, compulsory, post-compulsory, higher, adult, initial and continuing teacher education)
- Provide programmes of seminars, colloquia and conferences to develop scholarly exchange
- Promote research excellence and provide a research base for developing theories, practices and policies in this field
- Make research accessible by disseminating results of research activities to academics, policy makers, practitioners working in the field and the public
- Provide interdisciplinary networking opportunities for those working in the field
- Develop programmes of collaborative taught provision at doctoral and master's levels.
- Our staff
Professor Hugh Starkey, Institute of Education
Professor Audrey Osler, Visiting Professor, Birkbeck
- Professor John Annette (former director and chair)
- Professor Bill Bowring
- Dr Paul Watt.
- Mano Candappa
- Professor Karen Evans
- Dr Eva Gamarnikow
- Paul Grainger
- Lin Ke
- Dr Tristan McCowan
- Mai Abu Moghli
- Diana Sousa.
More information about our researchers, publications, activities, groups and themes can be found on the UCL Research Portal, IRIS.
Published: Mar 8, 2017 9:21:00 AM
Published: Feb 27, 2017 3:28:51 PM
Starts: Jun 16, 2017 9:30:00 AM