Organise, Structure and Edit
Follow the basic steps below, or use the menu on the left for more detail.
- First, make an outline plan for each paragraph, and then select the information, examples and comments for each point.
- Try to make sure you only have one main point per paragraph.
- Sometimes you will find that you need to delete some of the information. Just save it onto a different word document, and perhaps you can use it in a different essay.
- Make sure this essay is focused on the title, with the main points discussed well and in detail, rather than many different minor points. Everything should be clearly relevant, and less is more!
- To see the structure, the reader also needs to know how each paragraph connects to the previous one. It can help to add transition phrases, to show how each idea flows on from the previous one.