Training to become a GROW@KS3 Literacy practitioner
The course will support you with:
- understanding theories of literacy development for older students
- formative assessment techniques
- selection of appropriate, high interest text
- using oracy to underpin reading and writing skills
- the development of strategies to build on the reciprocity of reading and writing
- the writing process, including high impact work on grammar and text structure
- developing critical reflection and responsive teaching
- evaluation and reporting using standardised assessments and attitude surveys.
Course fee 2015/16
£950 for individual registration and £600 for each additional
participant from the same school. For maximum impact we encourage
schools to build a GROW@KS3 Literacy team with more than one practitioner.
If you would like to host professional development sessions at your school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to negotiate costs.