UCL Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
Click below to share this pageTweet
- Grand Challenges UCL 2034 Grants
- Report: Minds of Caste discussion
- Watch Minds of Caste discussion
- 2015-16 Small Grant Winners
- Marking 150 years of the UCL (UK)-Japan relationship
- Contemporary India – A challenge to the Idea of India: discussion report from Caroline Selai
- UCL researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Building Virtual Transcontinental Student Links supported via Grand Challenges Student Fund
What Next for Social Media?
A UCL Town Meeting supported by the Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
5.30 - 7.30pm, Monday 30 April 2012
5.30-6pm - informal
conversation/networking, drinks reception
6- 7.30pm - panel discussion followed by a drinks reception
Roberts G08 Sir David Davies LT, Roberts Building (entrance in Malet Place)
This meeting, supported by the UCL Grand Challenges team, is intended to bring together people from different parts of UCL who may be interested in research on social media, both theory and practice. The aim is to foster greater research collaboration and identify future potential at UCL.
All UCL staff with research interests in social media are invited to attend the Town Meeting. Panel members will offer brief accounts of a sample of the work being undertaken on, and with, social media at UCL, and a general discussion with the audience will follow to help map out other relevant expertise, interest and opportunities.
Further details will be circulated closer to the event. Do feel free to contact Dr Simon Lock (Science and Technology Studies) if you have any questions about the event, or have information about UCL research activities of use to such a project.
Welcome by Anthony Finkelstein, Professor of Software Systems Engineering, UCL Computer Science
Daniel Miller, Professor of Material Culture, UCL Anthropology
Claire Warwick, Professor of Digital Humanities, Director, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
Other speakers tbc.
Directions from Front Lodge, Main UCL entrance, Gower Street
Page last modified on 30 mar 12 15:01