UCL Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
Click below to share this pageTweet
- Grand Challenges UCL 2034 Grants
- Report: Minds of Caste discussion
- Watch Minds of Caste discussion
- 2015-16 Small Grant Winners
- Marking 150 years of the UCL (UK)-Japan relationship
- Contemporary India – A challenge to the Idea of India: discussion report from Caroline Selai
- UCL researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Building Virtual Transcontinental Student Links supported via Grand Challenges Student Fund
11–12 February 2011
CONFERENCE AND PERFORMANCES
A three-part exploration of Carmen across times, cultures and media. An interdisciplinary conference will explore issues of intercultural and intermedial translation and adaptation through the prism of Carmen. Two evening shows will further explore them through performance. In CARMEN STAGED, UC Opera will perform Bizet's Carmen Suites, countered/accompanied by a video artist's projection of Carmen imagery. CENTRIFUGE: CARMEN SAMPLED sees multimedia artist Robin Storey and dancer/choreographer Johanna Devi improvise around anchoring concepts.
Supported by the UCL European Institute and the UCL Mellon Programme
Page last modified on 14 apr 11 14:29