UCL Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
Click below to share this pageTweet
Published: Dec 18, 2014 12:00:07 AM
- Shape the future of UCL's Grand Challenges Programme: complete our evaluation survey and we will donate £50 to Pathway (the homeless health charity) for every 100 completed surveys
- Report: Grand Challenges Review Event
- Watch the short film Celebrating the Grand Challenges
- UCL researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Building Virtual Transcontinental Student Links supported via Grand Challenges Student Fund
11–12 February 2011
CONFERENCE AND PERFORMANCES
A three-part exploration of Carmen across times, cultures and media. An interdisciplinary conference will explore issues of intercultural and intermedial translation and adaptation through the prism of Carmen. Two evening shows will further explore them through performance. In CARMEN STAGED, UC Opera will perform Bizet's Carmen Suites, countered/accompanied by a video artist's projection of Carmen imagery. CENTRIFUGE: CARMEN SAMPLED sees multimedia artist Robin Storey and dancer/choreographer Johanna Devi improvise around anchoring concepts.
Supported by the UCL European Institute and the UCL Mellon Programme
Page last modified on 14 apr 11 14:29