UCL Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
- About Our Work
- Small Grant Activities
- Colloquium in honour of Professor John North
- UCL Connections Launch Evening
- Does my Culture affect your Care?
- Wonderments of Cosmos £6,000 Research Prize Competition
- Research Expertise
- Getting Involved
- Contact Us
- What can a Grand Challenges Small Grant achieve for you?
Click below to share this pageTweet
- UCL Grand Challenges are offering the opportunity for all
UCL research students to apply to this year’s week long Summer School. Application deadline: 28 February 2014
- What can a Grand Challenges Small Grant achieve for you? Outcome report from David Wengrow (UCL Archaeology) and Karen Radner (UCL History)
- Sign up here for the GCII newsletter
- Minutes from GCII's Executive Group Meetings are available from this website
- Update on UCL Connections - the winning project from the Digital Humanities Prize Workshop
- Building Virtual Transcontinental Student Links supported via Grand Challenges Student Fund
Does my Culture affect your Care?
3-4 April 2014
International Workshop on the Bloomsbury Cultural Formulation Interview: Theory and Clinical skills, UCL Mental Health Sciences Unit
A unique interactive, experiential 17 CPD points accredited workshop for clinicians and social scientists working in mental health. Participants will learn key medical anthropological concepts & clinical cultural interview skills. This includes how to conduct a cultural formulation, its application in engaging, assessing, treating & researching with people suffering from mental illness across cultures.
Faculty and speakers
Clinician anthropologists who have pioneered theory and practice of cultural formulations
Dr. Sushrut Jadhav
Course Director, UCL, C & I NHS FT
Co-Director, Broadmoor Hospital
Prof. Roland Littlewood
Anthropology & Psychiatry, UCL
Keynote speaker: Prof. Laurence Kirmayer, McGill University
Coordinators: Dr. Caroline Selai, Nanda K. Kannuri, Clement Bayetti, & Janice Woo
Course Fees: 300.00 GBP (non-refundable)
Reduced price for students, trainees, NGOs, charities and unemployed: 150.00 GBP. Proof of status will be required if applying for reduced price.
Space limited to 18 participants
For further enquiries, please contact:
Sandra Asante, Course Administrator. Tel: +44 (0) 207 679 9475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified on 24 feb 14 10:55