Academic and Research Staff
- Giles Bergel. Teaching Fellow
- Antonis Bikakis MSc, PhD, PCTLHPE. Senior Lecturer,
Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Daniel Boswell MA, MSc, PhD. Senior Teaching Fellow
- Jenny Bunn BA, MA, PhD. Lecturer,
Programme Director for the MA/Diploma/Certificate in Archives and Records Management, Dept. E-Learning Champion,
Concepts and Contexts, Curation and Stewardship and EAD and Digitisation of Archives.
- Nick Canty BA, MSc. Lecturer,
Programme Director for the MA in Publishing,
- Andy Dawson BA, DLIS, MCLIP, MEI. Principal Teaching Fellow,
Departmental Tutor (Graduate Taught Students), Director of International Relations and Projects, Programme Director for the MSc in Information Science,
Computer and Information Studies
- Luke Dickens MPhys, MSc, PhD. Lecturer
- Oliver Duke-Williams BSc, MA, PhD. Senior Lecturer,
Departmental Database and Digital Identity Manager,
Digital Humanities; Demographic and spatial data
- Andrew Flinn BA, MArAd, PhD. Reader,
Departmental Tutor (Research Students), Chair of the Board of Examiners for the MA/Diploma/Certificate in Archives and Records Management,
International Professional Contexts; Access: Policies and Practices
- Tessa Hauswedell BA, MA, PhD. Research Associate,
Digital History, Text and Sentiment Mining, Digitized Newspapers Research
- Alison Hicks MA, MSIS, FHEA. Lecturer,
Information literacy, Information practices, Digital scholarship
- Victoria Hoyle MA (Hons), MA, PGDip. Research Associate,
Information rights, engagement discourse, community archives & participatory approaches
- Charlie Inskip BA, MSc, PGCE, PhD. Senior Lecturer,
MA LIS Programme Director and dissertations coordinator,
Collection Management and Preservation, Information sources and retrieval.
- Elizabeth Lomas BA, MA, PhD. Senior Lecturer
- Simon Mahony BA (Hons), MA, CELTA, AKC. Principal Teaching Fellow,
Admissions Tutor and Chair of the Board of Examiners for the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities,
Digital Humanities, Digital Classics
- Rob Miller BA, MSc, PhD, PGCE. Senior Lecturer,
Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Julianne Nyhan BA, PGCTLHE, PhD. Senior Lecturer,
Programme Director for the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities,
Electronic Communication and Publishing and Digital Humanities
- Melanie Ramdarshan Bold MA, PhD, FHEA. Senior Lecturer,
Deputy Admissions Tutor and Chair of the Board of Examiners for the MA in Publishing,
Book and Publishing History (20th and 21st C.), Authorship, Copyright/IPR.
- Samantha Rayner BA, MA, PGCE, PhD. Reader,
Deputy Head of Department, Director of Studies, Director of the Centre for Publishing,
Publishing history/paratexts, bibliography, bookselling, bibliotherapy, Medieval and Arthurian Lit.
- Daniela Romano BSc, MSc, PhD.
- Vassilis Routsis BA, MA. Research Associate,
Spatial data; Privacy and technology
- Elizabeth Shepherd BA, MA, PhD, DMS, DAS, ILIM, RMSA. Professor,
Director of Research, Chair of Departmental Research Committee, Admissions Tutor for the MA/Diploma/Certificate in Archives and Records Management,
Archives and records management; Creation and Capture of records; history of archives in the UK
- Hannah Smyth.
- Karen Stepanyan MSc, PhD. Teaching Fellow,
Computing and Information Science
- Anne Welsh MA, MSc(Econ), PGCLTHE, FHEA, FRSA. Lecturer,
Bibliography, Book History, Cataloguing, Special Collections
- Nicola Alexander.
- Susmita Chatto. Departmental Co-ordinator
- Sarah Davenport BA. Postgraduate Administrator (DH, IS), UCLDH Co-ordinator - on maternity leave
- Ian Evans BSc. Postgraduate Administrator (PUB, MRes, PhD, Short Courses)
- Laura Keshav MA. Postgraduate Administrator (ARM, LIS)
- Dimitri Kraniotis. Departmental Manager
- Malvia Plante BA. Finance Officer
Emeritus and Visiting Academics
- Vanda Broughton MA. Professor,
Chair of the Board of Examiners for the Diploma/MA in Library and Information Studies, KOARG Co-director,
Classification, Information Sources
- Michelle Brown BA, PhD. Professor
- Keith Clark BA, MA, DIC, PhD. Visiting Professor
- Simon Eliot BA, MA, PhD. Visiting Professor
- Mirjam Foot BA, MA, DLitt, FSA. Professor
- Susan Hockey. Professor
- Michael Jubb MA, PhD, FRHist, FRSA.
- Ia Mcllwaine BA, PhD, FCLIP, FSA. Professor
- John Mcllwaine BA, MCLIP. Professor
- Stephen Robertson BA, MSc, PhD. Professor
- Chris Russell BSc.
- Jane Sayers MA, BLit, PhD, LittD, FRHistS, FSA. Professor
- Claire Squires BA (Hons), MA, DPhil. Honorary Professor,
20th/21st century book cultures & publishing
- Claire Warwick MA, MPhil, PhD. Professor,
Digital Humanities, User Studies
- Shirley Williams BSc, PhD, FBCS, CEng, CITP, CSci. Professor
Honorary Research Staff and Lecturers
- John Akeroyd BSc, DipLIS, PhD, MCLIP.
- Rudolf Ammann MA, PhD. Honorary Research Associate
- Jane Audas BA, MPhil. Honorary Research Associate
- David Bawden BSc, MSc, PhD.
- John Bowman MA, MA, PhD, MCLIP.
- Ian Brown PhD, FRSA, FBCS, CITP.
- Alberto Campagnolo PhD. Honorary Research Associate,
Digital humanities, books as objects in digital projects, and book conservation
- Ian Cornelius BA, MLitt, PhD, GradDipLib.
- James Cronin MA, MATLHE (NUI, Cork); PDBJ (UCLan). Honorary Research Associate
- Elizabeth Danbury BA, FSA.
- Anna Faherty MA, PGCLTHE. Honorary Lecturer,
Business of publishing, creativity, pedagogy, museum interpretation
- Peter Foden BA, MArAd.
- Helen Forde BA, PhD, FSA.
- Isabel Galina BA, MSc, PhD.
- Lucy Gildersleeves MA, MCLIP. Honorary Lecturer,
Management; Library Services to Children and Young People
- Hilda Kean BA, MA, DPhil, FRHistS, FHEA. Honorary Senior Research Associate
- Kosmas Kosmopoulos BSc, MSc, MBA. Honorary Lecturer
- Darryl Mead BSc, MSc, PhD, FCLIP, CELTA, FRSA . Honorary Research Associate Digital Humanities
- Martin Moir MA, FRAS.
- Martin Neild MA. Honorary Lecturer
- Jon Newbury BA, MA. Honorary Lecturer
- David Pearson BA, MA, PhD. Honorary Senior Research Associate,
History of the book, particularly ownership, private libraries and bookbinding
- Kathryn Piquette BA, MA, PhD. Honorary Research Associate
- Louise Ray BA, MA. Honorary Lecturer
- Jonathan Rhys-Lewis ACR, CertArchCons.
- Lyn Robinson BSc, MSc, PhD.
- Michael Roper CB, HonDLitt, MA, FRHistS, FSA.
- David Rundle MA, DPhil. Honorary Lecturer
- Katharine Schopflin BA, MA, PhD. Honorary Lecturer
- Alison Searle BA Hons, PhD. Honorary Senior Research Associate,
Renaissance drama, religion and literature, the imagination, letters, editing & digital humanities
- Anna Sexton BA, MA, PhD. Honorary Research Associate,
Participatory approaches, mental health, access & use of records. Re-use of administrative data sets
- Susan Stead BA, PGDip.
- Alda Terracciano BA (Hons), MA, PhD. Honorary Research Associate,
Community-based archives & activism; Black and Asian theatre in the UK
- Clare Thornley MA, MSc, PhD.
- Anne Thurston PhD, OBE. Honorary Research Associate
- Michael B. Toth BA. Honorary Research Associate,
Advanced digitization for global access
- Edward Vanhoutte BA, MA. Honorary Research Associate
- Andreas Vlachidis BSc, MSc, PhD, MBCS, FHEA. Honoary Senior Research Associate
- Astrid Von Rosen PhD. Honorary Senior Research Associate,
dance archives & archiving, participatory methodology, historiography, images & digital challenges
- Anthony Watkinson MA. Honorary Lecturer,
Scholarly Communication, Social Media, Scholarly Outreach, Data
- James Willoughby MA, DPhil, FSA.
- Penelope Woolf BA, PhD. Honorary Lecturer
- Geoffrey Yeo. Honorary Senior Research Associate,
Archives and Records Management
Current PhD Students