Immunity and infection project wins Times Higher Education International Collaboration of the Year award
A UCL research and
training project centered on a diagnostic test for tuberculosis (TB) has won the
Times Higher Education (THE) International Collaboration of the Year award.
The Department of Health has designated UCLPartners to continue as an Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) for the next five years, from April 2014, in recognition of its excellence in research and health education.
Post-graduate education is central to the Institute of Immunity and Transplantation's vision, to train future generations of top scientists. The Institute internationally renowned researchers teach programmes including UCL's unique MSc Infection and Immunity course, and supervise research students working towards MPhil and PhD degrees.
Regular seminars feature international research leaders and Institute scientists: Thursdays, 12-1 pm in Lecture Theatre 2, Royal Free campus.
Term 2, 2014:
- 13 February: Professor Stephen Cobbold, University of Oxford: Immune tolerance induction and maintenance
- 27 February: Dr Ricardo Henriques, LMB UCL: Super-resolution imaging
- 13 March: Professor Siamon Gordon, University of Oxford: Macrophages, from Metchnikoff to medicine
- 27 March: Professor Andrew Macdonald, University of Manchester: Pathogen interactions with the innate immune system and the development of adaptive immunity
- 10 April: Dr Klaus Okkenhaug, Babraham Institute, Cambridge: PI3K enzymes in immunity and infection
- 24 April: Dr John James, University of Cambridge: Modelling T cell responses
- 22 May: Professor Ken Smith, University of Cambridge: Genetics, genomics, immunity and the biology of clinical outcome
Page last modified on 02 dec 13 14:14