- A Language in Search of Its Author: The Early Modern Beginnings of Modern Hebrew
- BOOK LAUNCH: Sport and British Jewry, 1890-1970
- Simon Wiesenthal Memorial Lecture - Perpetrators, Collaborators, Resisters, Bystanders: The Shoah in Greater Bulgaria, 1943
- We Are Here: Memories of the Lithuanian Holocaust
- Identity through Difference: Rabbinic Judaism and Christian Narrative
- Fighting a Specter in Times of War: Soviet Jewry and the Heroization of Bogdan Khmelnitsky
- Summer Conference 2013
- Summer Lecture
- Marc Michael Epstein Lecture
- Kenneth Sacks Lecture
- Institute of Jewish Studies Summer Concert
- An Extraordinary Archive: Emanuel Ringelblum and the Warsaw Ghetto
- Jewish Identity and Israeli Foreign Policy
- Sephardim, Holocaust and Diasporic Memory: the Jews from the Island of Rhodes
- Rescue during the Holocaust: Sources and Causes
- David to Nehemiah: new fragments from Kenyon’s Jerusalem
- Book Launch: Ruta's Closet
- The Amazing Adventures of a Hebrew Manuscript from Medieval England
- My Father the Good Nazi: Reflections on an Encounter
- First Films of the Holocaust: Soviet Cinema and the Genocide of the Jews, 1938-1946
- Ukrainians, Jews and Poles: The Ukrainian Triangle in Historical Perspective
- Bringing the Dark to Light – Memory of the Holocaust in Postcommunist Europe
- Blair, Labour and Palestine: Conflicting Views on Middle East Peace After 9/11
- Jews and the Making of the Modern Cultural Industry
- Vision 2020: Leading British Jewry into the Future
- Redcliffe Salaman, President of the Jewish Historical Society of England
- From Ambivalence to Betrayal: The Left, the Jews and Israel
- The Postwar Quest for Justice: Jewish Honor Courts in Poland and in the Displaced Persons’ Camps
- What's Jewish About Jewish Folklore?
- Can Judaism restore the ‘Human’ to Human Rights?
- Christóbal Méndez alias Abraham Franco Silveyra: The Puzzling Saga of a 17th Century Converso
- Jewish Women Writers in Victorian England
We Are Here: Memories of the Lithuanian Holocaust
Publication date: Feb 7, 2013 3:53:07 PM
Start: Mar 7, 2013 7:00:00 PM
Location: UCL Lankester Theatre, G01, Medawar Building, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
** PLEASE NOTE VENUE CHANGE ABOVE - Lankester Theatre, rather than Chadwick Theatre, as previously advertised**
Ellen Cassedy is the author of We Are Here: Memories of the Lithuanian Holocaust (2012).
The book is the product of a personal journey to connect with her Jewish forebears and a ten-year exploration of how people in Lithuania are engaging with their 20th-Century past.She is a former columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News and her essays and articles about Jewish and Lithuanian issues have been published worldwide.
She is the recipient of the Yiddish Book Center’s 2012 Translation Prize (with Yermiyahu Ahron Taub) and the 2013 Prakhin International Literary Foundation Award. She lives in Washington DC.
6.15pm - Reception (Chadwick Meeting Room, Chadwick Building, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT).
7pm - Lecture begins.
61st Public Lecture Series
Admission: Free (voluntary contributions are welcomed)
Page last modified on 07 feb 13 15:21