- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
- Sahar Emran has paper published in Aging
- Race for Life!
- New Wellcome Trust video 'Until' features IHA scientists
- Knudra Transgenics prize success for IHA
- Science Paper published
- Congratulations to Adam Dobson
- Gems Lab Summer Roundup
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in PLOS Genetics
- IHA MRes students to receive Distinctions in their degrees!
Congratulations to IHA MRes students Michael Shannack, Nattaphong Rattanavirotkul, Adam Summerfield and Parina Patel. All four received a well-deserved Distinction in their Masters course. We wish them all the best for the future. More...
Published: Sep 19, 2014 3:20:37 PM
In their recent paper in PLOS Genetics Alic and co-workers explore the complex relationship between Drosophila foxo, a transcription factor with evolutionarily conserved role in ageing, and Anterior open, an ETS-family transcription factor that is a direct target of dFOXO in the adult gut and whose activation can extend lifespan.
The paper is entitled, "Interplay of dFOXO and Two ETS-Family Transcription Factors Determines Lifespan in Drosophila melanogaster"
View the article here: http://tinyurl.com/off4cqq More...
Published: Sep 19, 2014 9:58:55 AM
Congratulations to Jennifer Tullet (again!)
In September, Dr Jennifer Tullet will cease to be a postdoc, and take up
a Principle Investigator position running her own lab at the University
of Kent, where she will continue her investigations of ageing in C.
elegans. Jennifer also recently spoke at the American Aging Association
meeting in San Antonio, Texas, and recently published a paper entitled
“DAF-16 target identification in C. elegans: past, present and future”
in the journal Biogerontology.
Congratulations to Dr Yila de la Guardia!
Yila de la Guardia recently passed her Ph.D. viva (examiners, Prof Bart
Braeckman from the University of Ghent, and Dr Lazaros Foukas from the
IHA). Yila has now returned to Panama, and she is much missed.
New members of the lab
The lab welcomes three new members! Dr Yuan Zhao moved to the lab from
Cancer Research UK, London, where she worked on telomeres in fission
yeast with Dr Julie Cooper; and Dr Evgeniy Galimov from the National
Research Centre for Preventive Medicine, Moscow, where he worked on ROS
signalling and p66shc with Prof Viktor Skulachev. Both positions are
funded by the Wellcome Trust. Welcome also to Thanet Sornda who recently
started Ph.D. research in the lab. Thanet previously did a Master’s
degree at the Institute of Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, and
is funded by the state of Thailand.
News about David Gems
David gave various talks, e.g. at the Genetics of Aging and Longevity
meeting in Sochi (April), Russia, the British Society for Research on
Ageing meeting in Liverpool (July), and at Oxford and Cambridge
universities. He recently published two essays: 'What is an anti-aging
treatment?' Exp. Gerontol. (2014) 58: 14-18; and 'Evolution of sexually
dimorphic longevity in humans.' Aging (2014) 6: 84-91.
Published: Sep 4, 2014 5:02:16 PM
Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
3 April 2012
The IHA are pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting this year at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition with our exhibit, entitled "How yeast, worms and flies can help us live healthier for longer".
Our preparations can be followed on our blog and more about the exhibition itself can be found at the Royal Society's own website.
Page last modified on 03 apr 12 10:29