- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
- Sahar Emran has paper published in Aging
- Race for Life!
- New Wellcome Trust video 'Until' features IHA scientists
- Knudra Transgenics prize success for IHA
- Science Paper published
- Congratulations to Adam Dobson
- Gems Lab Summer Roundup
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in PLOS Genetics
- IHA MRes students to receive Distinctions in their degrees!
- Dr Nazif Alic on the The Naked Scientists
- IHA Director Prof Linda Partridge honoured with BBSRC Excellence Award
- Linda Partridge to speak at Nobel Week Dialogue, Live streaming and Q&A
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in Royal Society Proceedings B
Congratulations to Dr Nazif Alic whose paper has been published in the Royal Society's flagship biological research journal Proceedings B.
Published: Dec 18, 2014 5:19:24 PM
Published: Dec 4, 2014 11:04:44 AM
IHA Director, Professor Linda Partridge, has been recognised with a BBSRC Anniversary Award for Excellence in Bioscience.
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) has recognised outstanding contributions to bioscience made by four of its research community. As part of BBSRC’s 20th anniversary, the awards demonstrate pride for the UK's world-leading bioscience research base and the impact it has achieved in the last two decades.
The awards will be presented at the Great British Bioscience Festival in November.
Professor Jackie Hunter, BBSRC Chief Executive, said: "Our 20th anniversary year is the perfect time to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of researchers that BBSRC has supported. These awards highlight outstanding achievements that benefit us all and help to make the UK world-leading in bioscience."
Published: Nov 7, 2014 4:31:19 PM
Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
19 March 2013
Chemistry Auditorium, University College London
Friday March 22 at 6.30pm
IOP Institute of Physics
present: Why is Life Deadlier for the Male?
Women usually outlive men. Dr Jennifer Regan will try to explain this in her lecture Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male?
Dr Regan will explain how and why we study ageing. She will discuss the evolution of ageing and lifespan – particularly sex differences in lifespan and why they might have evolved. She will discuss the differences in immune responses in men and women and how they might contribute to greater female longevity.
Page last modified on 19 mar 13 11:16