- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
- Sahar Emran has paper published in Aging
- Race for Life!
Congratulations and many thanks to Caroline Araiz and Melissa Cabecinha who recently competed in CRUK's 10k Race for Life in London. Not only did they exceed their £300 fundraising target but Caroline was the first runner to cross the line with an amazing time of 44m 21s and Melissa ran her first ever 10k!
Published: Jul 8, 2014 4:42:56 PM
Congratulations to the IHA's Sahar Emran who recently had a paper published in the journal Aging. Her paper shows how the drug rapamycin can overcome the lifespan shortening effects of eating a diet high in amino acids. The article can be viewed here.
Published: May 29, 2014 4:20:34 PM
The IHA's David Gems will feature in the upcoming episode of ‘Bang Goes the Theory’ which airs on Monday 31st March at 7.30pm on BBC1 and iPlayer. The episode focuses on ageing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lwxj1 More...
Published: Mar 27, 2014 4:38:10 PM
Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
30 April 2013
We are delighted to announce that the 'Green-Darwin' Green Impact Team has won two Bronze Awards which were presented by the Provost at an Awards Ceremony held last week. The IHA's Giovanna Vinti secured the first award for 'Green-Darwin Labs' and the 'Green Darwin' team won a second.
These fantastic achievements form part of the efforts of the wider UCL community in pressing forward the green agenda. Awards went to teams across UCL for work that included putting up awareness-raising notices and posters encouraging people to switch off lights and equipment when not needed, potentially saving 7,038kg CO2 per year; and likewise to print and photocopy double-sided, potentially saving 108,594kg CO2 and £40,220 on resource costs this year across the institution.
Page last modified on 30 apr 13 09:17