- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
- Sahar Emran has paper published in Aging
- Race for Life!
- New Wellcome Trust video 'Until' features IHA scientists
- Knudra Transgenics prize success for IHA
- Science Paper published
- Congratulations to Adam Dobson
- Gems Lab Summer Roundup
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in PLOS Genetics
- IHA MRes students to receive Distinctions in their degrees!
- Dr Nazif Alic on the The Naked Scientists
- IHA Director Prof Linda Partridge honoured with BBSRC Excellence Award
- Linda Partridge to speak at Nobel Week Dialogue, Live streaming and Q&A
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in Royal Society Proceedings B
- Wellcome Trust Conference - Healthy Ageing: From Molecules to Organisms
- Help support the IHA Race for Life team!
- Brain paper published by Partridge Lab
- Dr Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan - Anti-Aging: Beauty or Health?
- Cell paper reveals how a cancer drug makes fruit flies live longer
A paper by researchers from the IHA Dr Cathy Slack and Dr Nazif Alic demonstrate new targets for drugs against ageing. Their research published in Cell shows how inhibition of the Ras-Erk-ETS pathway extends fly lifespan.
Published: Jun 26, 2015 10:42:55 AM
Watch the IHA's Dr Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan's talk on Anti-Aging. His fascinating talk was part of a very successful event called TEDx held at Goodenough College. More...
Published: Jun 17, 2015 12:38:48 PM
Research staff from the IHA's Partridge Lab, including Dr Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan and PhD student Ms Li Li, are among those whose work has recently been published in Brain. Their paper is entitled, "Loss of PLA2G6 leads to elevated mitochondrial lipid peroxidation and mitochondrial dysfunction".
Published: Jun 11, 2015 2:42:41 PM
Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
15 January 2014
Congratulations to Jennifer Tullet
Warmest congratulations to Dr Jennifer Tullet (Gems lab) whose paper “DAF-16/FoxO directly regulates an atypical AMP-activated protein kinase gamma isoform to mediate the effects of insulin/IGF-1 signaling on aging in C. elegans” was recently accepted for publication by the journal PLoS Genetics. Jennifer also presented this work at the British Society for Research on Ageing annual conference and received the Koncharevsky Award for best talk by an up and coming scientist. This award will allow her to attend and speak at the American Aging Association meeting in San Antonio, Texas in 2014. Furthermore, she was one of five people from UCL recently selected for the Aurora programme for women in leadership positions in Higher Education!
Departures from the Gems lab
Farewell from the Gems lab to Dr Michèle Riesen, who recently moved to a new job at Oxford University, and to Inna Feyst, who returned to Potsdam University, after an 8 month research stint in the Gems lab.
Congratulations to Filipe Cabreiro!
Warmest congratulations also to Dr Filipe Cabreiro who was recently awarded a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship from the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust, initially for 5 years. Filipe recently established his lab at the UCL Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, working on aging in C. elegans, and remains affiliated with the Institute of Healthy Ageing.
Growing popularity of Biology of Ageing course
This year more students than ever took the popular 20 lecture module Biology of Ageing, run by staff from the Institute of Healthy Ageing. This year 105 students final year undergraduates and masters students took the course, compared to 35 in 2005 when the course was first run.
Page last modified on 15 jan 14 16:49