- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
The IHA's David Gems will feature in the upcoming episode of ‘Bang Goes the Theory’ which airs on Monday 31st March at 7.30pm on BBC1 and iPlayer. The episode focuses on ageing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lwxj1 More...
Published: Mar 27, 2014 4:38:10 PM
A 4 year PhD studentship to study under the supervision of Dr Nazif Alic is now available. The project will examine how genetically or pharmacologically induced changes to gene expression, at the level of transcriptional regulation, extend healthy lifespan in Drosophila melanogaster. To explore this question the student will use a broad range of techniques, including fly genetics and physiology, molecular biology, microscopy, protein chemistry and genomics. The student will gain a broad training in basic biogerontology that will prove relevant to a career in any of the currently relevant aspects of ageing and ageing related-disease. More...
Published: Mar 25, 2014 10:08:50 AM
Congratulations to the IHA's Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan who last week was awarded 1st prize for best poster/presentation at the UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences Symposium. This follows his earlier success at UCL Faculty of Life Sciences Research Day held in September 2013, where he also won 1st prize. Well done Jorge!
Published: Feb 25, 2014 3:24:12 PM
IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
24 July 2012
3 - 8 July 2012 was an extremely busy time for the large team of researchers from the IHA and associated Bahler Lab who manned the IHA's stand at the RS Summer Science Exhibition.
The feedback from the event was excellent and the stand generated a wide range of press coverage - including being on the front cover of The Express. Please see below for a selection of domestic and international articles:
Page last modified on 24 jul 12 09:38