- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
Congratulations to the IHA's Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan who last week was awarded 1st prize for best poster/presentation at the UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences Symposium. This follows his earlier success at UCL Faculty of Life Sciences Research Day held in September 2013, where he also won 1st prize. Well done Jorge!
Published: Feb 25, 2014 3:24:12 PM
PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
Congratulations to first author Dr Jennifer M. Tullet and her IHA colleagues whose paper was published in PLOS Genetics today.
Published: Feb 7, 2014 11:49:04 AM
Cell Reports today published an article by several of the IHA's researchers, including first author Dr Nazif Alic. The open-access article can be found here: http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247%2814%2900032-1 More...
Published: Feb 7, 2014 11:37:42 AM
Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
3 April 2012
March 7 - 11 2012
Dr Ekin Bolukbasi (Partridge Lab) attended the 53rd American Drosophila Genetics Conference in Chicago. Ekin writes:
I had the opportunity to attend the 53rd American Drosophila Genetics Conference in Chicago. It was a great meeting featuring plenary talks from famous Drosophilists such as Carl Thummel, Suzanne Eaton and Denise Montell. Furthermore, I was particularly intrigued by the high quality science presented during platform sessions of Drosophila Models of Human Disease as well as Ageing and Physiology, which highlighted once again the power of Drosophila as a model organism to investigate basic biomedical questions affecting human health. This year’s Larry Sandler award went to Stephanie Turner Chen, University of California Riverside for her discovery of Identification of a new class of odorants that are present in the food and are responsible for inhibition of carbon dioxide sensitive neurons in the antennae during. Since related odorants are effective inhibitors of the CO2 response in Culex mosquitoes too, they could potentially be used as very effective mean of disease control transmitted by these mosquitoes.
Page last modified on 03 apr 12 12:57