UCL Institute of Healthy Ageing IHA News
- Nazif Alic
- A Scholar's Life for me
- A Visit from Glenlola Collegiate School
- Arne Akbar
- Nature Paper published
- Changing of the Guard in C. elegans lab
- Holiday School Visit
- Congratulations to Li Li
- Thanks from Nature...
- Gordon Research Conference 2012
- Darwin's Birthday Party 2012
- Congratulations Tosin ...
- Well Done Sahar!
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Cheltenham Science Festival 2012
- Congratulations to Dr Matt Piper ...
- Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
- Matt Piper - Lisbon
- Helena Cocheme - Nature Protocols paper
- Congratulations to Dr Daniel Pearce ...
- David Gems - Moscow conference
- Jorge Ivan Castillo-Quan
- IHA - success for our students
- RS SSE 2012 - 'Why Fly?'
- Congratulations to Sahar Emran ...
- Fiona Kerr - Alzheimer's Association International Conference highlights
- New WT Senior Research Fellow post in the IHA
- IHA at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2012
- Congratulations to Professor David Gems
- A bientot Matt and Bill
- Hearing impaired students visit the IHA
- Healthy Ageing exhibition news
- Congratulations to Dr Ivana Bjedov
- New WTSA for the IHA!!
- New roles for the Partridge and Gems labs
- PLoS One paper for Dr Cathy Slack
- 3 year Bioinformatics PhD studentship now available
- Congratulations to Dr Nuria Vergara
- Welcome to Michael Wright ...
- Sahar Emran awarded bursary by Biochemical Society
- MRes in Biology of Ageing and Age-related disease
- Watch Dr Matt Piper's Lunchtime Lecture
- Explore Ageing Research with Dr Matt Piper at the Royal Society Café Scientifique
- Wellcome Trust Packed Lunch Podcast with Dr Matt Piper
- Watch the IHA Harlem Shake!
- Gems Lab News Winter Roundup
- Dr Jennifer Regan: Immunity, Ageing and Gender – Why is Life Deadlier for the Male? March 22nd
- Congratulations to Tosin Taiwo
- Carolina Soto Palma to attend The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
- Giovanna Vinti awarded UCL Green Impact Award
- IHA Race for Life teams kicks off with Bake Sale
- Hear Prof Dame Linda Partridge speak on BBC Radio 4's Life Scientific
- Congratulations to Charlotte Beaver on passing her PhD viva!
- Cell Review: The Hallmarks of Aging
- Analysing Variation in Drosophila Ageing Across Independent Experimental Studies
- Congratulations to the IHA Race for Life team
- Cassandra Coburn discusses her PLOS Biology paper on Romanian TV
- Gems Lab News Summer Roundup
- Daniel Pearce, Stephan Beck and Tosin Taiwo paper to be published in Epigenetics
- Prof Dame Linda Partridge features in 'A Life in the Day', Sunday Times Magazine
- More coverage on Death Fluorescence in the news
- Crick Late at the Science Museum
- I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here!
- Gems Lab News - Winter Roundup
- Watch the IHA's Dr Oyinkansola Adesakin discuss her Alzheimer's Society Fellowship
- Cell Reports paper published "Cell-Nonautonomous Effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in Aging"
- PLOS Genetics paper published today "DAF-16/FoxO Directly Regulates an Atypical AMP- Activated Protein Kinase Gamma Isoform to Mediate the Effects of Insulin/IGF-1 Signaling on Aging in Caenorhabditis elegans"
- Dr Jorge Iván Castillo Quan receives Faculty Prize
- 4 year PhD studentship in the IHA available
- Prof David Gems on BBC1's 'Bang Goes The Theory' 31/03/2014
- Sahar Emran has paper published in Aging
- Race for Life!
- New Wellcome Trust video 'Until' features IHA scientists
- Knudra Transgenics prize success for IHA
- Science Paper published
- Congratulations to Adam Dobson
- Gems Lab Summer Roundup
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in PLOS Genetics
- IHA MRes students to receive Distinctions in their degrees!
- Dr Nazif Alic on the The Naked Scientists
- IHA Director Prof Linda Partridge honoured with BBSRC Excellence Award
- Linda Partridge to speak at Nobel Week Dialogue, Live streaming and Q&A
- Dr Nazif Alic paper published in Royal Society Proceedings B
- Wellcome Trust Conference - Healthy Ageing: From Molecules to Organisms
- Help support the IHA Race for Life team!
- Brain paper published by Partridge Lab
- Dr Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan - Anti-Aging: Beauty or Health?
- New article by David Gems!
- Institute of Healthy Ageing hosts BSRA Annual Meeting
- Talks from Gems Lab at International C. elegans Meeting
- Cell paper reveals how a cancer drug makes fruit flies live longer
- Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan on Anti-Ageing research
- Memory Matters at the British Library
- Dr Jennifer Regan's paper on sex difference in ageing gut pathology published in eLIFE
- Congratulations to Dr Jorge Ivan Castillo Quan on his Cell Reports paper
- Lectureship for Alexandre Benedetto
- ARUK funded post-doc position available at the IHA
- Congratulations to Dr Teresa Niccoli on her paper in Current Biology
- Linda Partridge and the IHA feature interview with Time Out London
- Linda Partridge interviewed for BBC News on Vijg Nature Paper
- CNN news: How long can humans live?
- UCL Ageing Event blog post
- David Gems on BBC Radio 4 "Archive on 4"
- Welcome to Matías Fuentealba
- Congratulations to Dr Adam Dobson on his paper in Cell Reports
Congratulatsions to Adam Dobson and Nazif Alic whose paper, "Nutritional Programming of Lifespan by FOXO Inhibition on Sugar-Rich Diets," has just been published in Cell Reports. Their study shows that a history of feeding on a high sugar-diet shortens lifespan and changes gene expression. These changes appear to be mediated by FoxO/Daf16 in both flies and worms More...
Published: Jan 11, 2017 10:42:21 AM
The IHA extends a warm welcome to Matías Fuentealba who joins Linda Partridge’s group this week as a PhD student. Matias recently completed his Masters in Biological Sciences at the Universidad de Chile, where his work comprised a “study of the energetics and structural characteristics of NAD and NADP binding sites through statistical potentials.” Welcome to London Matías!
Published: Jan 10, 2017 11:44:35 AM
On Saturday, November 26 2016 BBC Radio 4 broadcast a 1 hr programme entitled "Logan's Run and Intergenerational War", presented by Ed Howker, with extensive contributions from IHA Co-Director Professor David Gems. The programme included in depth discussion of the impact of the ageing of populations, and the prospects for treatments for ageing to improve late-life health. Among other contributors to the programme were former Universities and Science minister David Willetts and the actress Jenny Agutter.
The programme is available for a short period via the BBC iPlayer at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b083j672#play
Published: Nov 30, 2016 12:53:17 PM
Ekin Bolukbasi - Chicago Conference
3 April 2012
March 7 - 11 2012
Dr Ekin Bolukbasi (Partridge Lab) attended the 53rd American Drosophila Genetics Conference in Chicago. Ekin writes:
I had the opportunity to attend the 53rd American Drosophila Genetics Conference in Chicago. It was a great meeting featuring plenary talks from famous Drosophilists such as Carl Thummel, Suzanne Eaton and Denise Montell. Furthermore, I was particularly intrigued by the high quality science presented during platform sessions of Drosophila Models of Human Disease as well as Ageing and Physiology, which highlighted once again the power of Drosophila as a model organism to investigate basic biomedical questions affecting human health. This year’s Larry Sandler award went to Stephanie Turner Chen, University of California Riverside for her discovery of Identification of a new class of odorants that are present in the food and are responsible for inhibition of carbon dioxide sensitive neurons in the antennae during. Since related odorants are effective inhibitors of the CO2 response in Culex mosquitoes too, they could potentially be used as very effective mean of disease control transmitted by these mosquitoes.
Page last modified on 03 apr 12 12:57