Scholarships and Funding
- CP Charitable Trust
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
- International Student House
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to sudy at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year. Click this link to apply to the MSc.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
The deadline to apply for the 2015/2016 academic year is 8th May 2015
Please see the guidelines and application procedures (PDF)
This is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (with funding from the Department for International Development (DFID), and UK universities, to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the United Kingdom. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the United Kingdom which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Awards are for taught Master's programmes and the MSc in Global Health and Development is one of only 10 degrees for which UCL accepts applications for this scheme.
If you are a candidate from a developing country in the Commonwealth we recommend that you apply for entrance in the programme as soon as possible as you will need to apply separately to the scholarship. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 15th of March 2015. For more information on this scholarship click here.
- African Educational Trust Scholarships
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
- Alfred Foster Charitable Settlement, Barclays Bank Trust
- British Federation of Women Graduates
- Cannon Collins Trust Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DFID Shared Scholarships Scheme
- Directory of Social Change
- ESRC Postgraduate Studentship
- European Commission, ALBAN Scholarships
- Europublic Health Scholarships
- Florence Nightingale Foundation
- Marshall Scholarships (for US citizens)
- Mohamedali Karimjee Trust (for African nationals residing in Africa)
- MRC Postgraduate Studentship
- Open Society Institiute & Soros Foundation Scholarships
- Public Health and Foundation of India
- Said Foundation Scholarships
- Swedish International Development and Corporate Agency Scholarships (SIDA)
- The Bedford Charity (The Harpur Trust)
- The World Bank Scholarships
- The World Council of Churches
- Thomas Wall Trust
- Women's Leadership Scholarship
- Wellcome Trust Awards & Fellowships
- World Health Organisation (WHO): Contact your Ministry of Education or local/regional WHO office for further details.
- Additional sources of funding can be viewed on UCL scholarship and funding webpage