Helpful information and resources for staff, students and those interested in global health.
Resources for Global Health
Institute for Global Health Newsletter archive
Sign up to our newsletter.
Eliminating mother-to-child transmission of syphilis
Dr Sarah Hawkes, Reader in Global Health at the Institute for Global Health, has worked closely with the World Health Organisation (WHO) who have led the development of these ground-breaking publications in tackling congenital syphilis.
- Investment case for the elimination of mother-to-child transmission of syphilis
- The global elimination of congenital syphilis: rationale and strategy for action
- Methods for surveillance and monitoring of congenital syphilis elimination within existing systems
Good practice guide
This ‘good practice’ guide, based on the experience of a project in India and Bangladesh called Saving Mothers and Children, describes an approach that has the potential to reduce maternal and newborn deaths, and to address other health problems. The project worked through women’s groups, using a participatory learning and action cycle, to mobilise community action to improve the health of mothers and babies.
Resources for Staff
Jobs in Global Health
Resources for current students
Relevant resources and links:
- World Health Organization
- Global Health Council
- The Lancet Student
- Medsin: Global Health- Local Issues
- Oxford Health Group
- VSO Health
- Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Tropical Health Education Trust (THET)
- Medecins du Monde