Events & News: 2016
September 27-28: Nordic-UK workshop on life-course research in health and disease
workshop aimed at PhD students aims to provide an opportunity for
students, supervisors and researchers from Sweden, Finland, Iceland and
the UK to exchange information on research findings and methods. Please
contact Professor Scott Montgomery for further information. Nordic-UK workshop programme
August 31- September 2: NCRM /ICLS Autumn School: The use of biomarkers in social science research
- A residential training event for early career researchers led by Professors Kumari and Chandola. The aim of the school is to help researchers in the social sciences get familiar with the standard and new biomarker data that are available in longitudinal surveys such as Understanding Society and the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Email Claire Spencer , NCRM administrator, Manchester University for more information or visit the NCRM website.
July 12: Quarterly Centre Day
- ICLS UK and International collaborators are welcome to join this meeting. Please contact us.
June 27 - July 1: Summer School : Longitudinal & Life Course Research: Milan
- This popular summer school is being organised by Professor Ross MacMillan Bocconi University, Milan
June 22 -23: ICLS/University of Torino workshop
- A sharing exercise, exploring evidence from cohort studies with international researchers lead by Professor Amanda Sacker. ICLS/University of Torino workshop programme
April 25: WorkLife blog.
- Edited by Amanda Sacker, ICLS Director, we have launched a new WorkLife, blog about the relationship between work and health and well-being of people, whether they are preparing for working life, managing their work / life balance or preparing for retirement and life beyond retirement. This blog is aimed at sharing our research with employees, employers, policy makers, trade unions, occupational health specialists, and other health professionals responsible for the wellbeing of the workforce. Its purpose is to make sure that what we find can be properly understood and taken into consideration when decisions that affect our working lives are being made. Please take a look and leave your comments. Follow us to get notifications of the latest posts join us on Twitter @WorkLife_blog
April 19: Quarterly Centre Day
- ICLS UK and International collaborators are welcome to join this meeting. Speakers include Kate Pickett, University of Yorkk and and Sarah Arber, University of Surrey. ICLS Quarterly Meeting Programme.
March 4: Research Findings - What influences 11-year-olds to drink?
This study, available on open access, is the first to examine drinking behaviors in very early adolescence in relation to a wide range of factors that are associated with alcohol consumption in children, such as family, friends and the young person’s views about alcohol. Read more from the author in The Conversation
January 25: Lecture and transcript : Adolescence and Stress
- Scott Montgomery “It’s so unfair!”: stress in adolescence transcript. Watch this UCL Lunch time lecture again on You Tube.
January 19 : Quarterly Centre Day
- 33rd Centre Day Programme, Goodenough College.