Otto Wolff Lecture - Genetics & Genomic Medicine Symposium - Genetic and genomic therapies, 25th April 2017
Apr 25, 2017 04:00 PM
End: Apr 25, 2017 05:00 PM
25th April 2017
Part of the Otto Wolff Lecture series 2017.
25th April 2017
Kennedy Lecture Theatre, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health.
Imperial College London and Royal Brompton Hospital
“Targeted therapies for Cystic Fibrosis”
This is the keynote lecture of the Genetics and Genomic Medicine Programme Junior Researcher Symposium “Genetic and Genomic Therapies”:
- Symposium details & registration link: Eventbrite
- 13:00-13:40 Guest Speaker - Dr Linda Popplewell, Centre for Biomedical Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London. "Genetic therapies for DMD" (tbc)
- 13:40-14:00 Refreshments - Balcony
- 14:00-14:20 Ms Marian Seda , Research Assistant - EPM Section. "Chemical and genetic screening in zebrafish: from rare disease to treatment of neuroblastoma"
- 14:20-14:40 Ms Lara Al-Olabi, PhD Student - GEHD Section. "NGS and therapy for cutaneous arteriovenous malformations"
- 14:40-15:00 Dr Maelle Lorvellec, Research Associate - CTO Section. "Developing a new liver device using iPS cells"
- 15:00-15:20 Dr Julien Baruteau, Clinical Research Associate - CTO Section. "Gene therapy for liver inherited metabolic diseases"
- 15:20-15:40 Dr Janna Kenny, PhD Student - EPM Section. "Repurposing genomics for pharmacogenomics"
- 15:40-16:00 Refreshments - Balcony
- 16:00-17:00 Otto Wolff Lecture by Professor Stuart Elborn, Imperial College London and Royal Brompton Hospital. "Targeted therapies for Cystic Fibrosis"
- 17:00-17:10 Closing Remarks17:10-18:00 Reception – Balcony