Coeliac disease and gluten-related disorders: A Clinical Update
Jun 02, 2017 09:00 AM
End: Jun 02, 2017 04:00 PM
2 June 2017
This study day will provide you with the tools and information needed to have a thorough understanding of paediatric gluten related disorders, through a series of lectures, such as the clinical picture, genetics, epidemiology of Coeliac Disease as well as information on gluten and the brain gut axis.
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
- Date / Location
Friday 2nd June 2017
Who should attend?
- Trainee/Consultant in General Paediatrics
- Trainee/Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Trainee/Consultant in Gastroenterology
- Allied Healthcare Professional
Friday 2nd June
09:00 - 09:25 Registration 09:25 - 09:30 Welcome and Introduction Dr Fevronia Kiparissi and Sarah Sleet
Session 1: Clinical Picture and Guidelines
09:30 - 09:55 Clinical Picture and Current Diagnostic Tools Dr Astor Rodrigues 09:55 - 10:15 Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity(NCGS) Dr Nadeem Afzal 10:15 - 10:35 Are Guidelines there to guide or hinder you? BSPGHAN, ESPGHAN and NICE Dr Peter Gillett 10:35 - 10:55 Micronutrients and Vitamins Ms Joanne Price 10:55 - 11:05 The Patient’s Story Parent and patient 11:05 - 11:30 Tea/Coffee Break and Visit to Exhibition
Session 2: Is this all about diet?
11:30 - 11:50 What is a Gluten free diet (GFD)? Ms Kathryn Lowes-Switzer 11:50 - 12:10 GFD Codex and Oats Safety Ms Rita Shergill-Bonner 12:10 - 12:30 GFD on NHS prescription? Dr Natalie Yerlett 12:30 - 12:50 Coeliac disease & NCGS and low FODMAP diets Dr Ana-Kristina Skrapac 12:50 - 13:50 Lunch Break and Visit to Exhibition
Session 3: Clinical Interfaces
13:50 - 14:10 Coeliac Disease and Diabetes Dr Fevronia Kiparissi 14:10 - 14:30 Coeliac Disease Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Care interface Dr Shveta Chana 14:30 - 15:00 Coeliac Disease and the Microbiom Dr Intan Yeop 15:00 - 15:15 Tea and Coffee Break and Visit to Exhibition
Session 4: Future Prevention and Treatment
15:15 - 15:45 Prevent Coeliac Disease with update on Infant Feeding Practice Professor Luisa Mearin 15:45 - 15:50 Closure and Feedback
- Dr Fevronia Kiparissi, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Nadeem Afzal, Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust, Southampton
- Dr Shveta Chana, Consultant Paediatrician, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Milton Keynes
- Dr Peter Gillett, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh
- Ms Kathryn Lowes-Switzer, Specialist Paediatric Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Professor Luisa Mearin, Professor of Paediatric Gastroenterology, University of Leiden, Leiden, the Netherlands
- Ms Joanne Price, Specialist Paediatric Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Astor Rodrigues, Consultant Paediatrician, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford
- Ms Ana-Kristina Skrapac, Specialist Paediatric Dietitian, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Ms Rita Shergill-Bonner, Principal Gastroenterology Dietitian, Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital, London
- Ms Sarah Sleet, Chief Executive, Coeliac UK
- Mrs Natalie Yerlett, Specialist EB Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Intan Yeop, Clinical Research Fellow, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, London
£70 BSG Member
£70 BSPGHAN Trainee/Member
£70 ESPGHAN Trainee/Member
£95 All other delegates
We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from your organisation if appropriate.
Contact for booking enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations must be received in writing at least two weeks before the start of the event and will be subject to an administration charge of 20% of the course fee. It is regretted that no refunds will be made within two weeks of the course date.
ICH Events reserves the right to cancel any conference it deems necessary and will, in such event, make a full refund of the registration fee only. ICH Events will not be liable for any additional incurred costs (including but not limited to travel, accommodation, visa, etc.).
No liability is assumed by ICH Events for changes in programme date, content, speakers or venue.
Any refund will be made by us to you within 30 days of your cancellation and be paid to you in the same way as you paid for your order.
We would like to thank our sponsors for supporting this course.
|Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition||Nutricia Early Life Nutrition|