- About us
- Services and facilities
- NHS resources
- Resources A to Z
- Global Health and Development
- Training material
- Evidence Based Resources
- Children's Hospitals
- Book a training course
- Library historical collections
- History of paediatrics
- Mobile apps and resources
A range of electronic resources is available via an NHS Athens password to GOSH staff.
Access to databases and full text for the Health Care and Academic communities. Databases provided by OvidSP are MEDLINE, EMBASE, PSYCinfo, AMED.
The main aim of the NHS Evidence service is to provide easy access to a comprehensive evidence base for everyone in health and social care who takes decisions about treatments or use of resources including clinicians, public health professionals, commissioners and service managers-this improving health and patient care
Databases providing access to millions of references from health care journal literature, including original research articles.
There are links to the electronic fulltext where available. Databases provided through NLH Search 2.0 are: AMED (Ovid), BNI (Ovid), CINAHL (EBSCO), Embase (Ovid), HMIC: DH-Data and Kings Fund (Ovid), Medline (Ovid) and Psycinfo (Ovid)
- JAMA & Archives Journals publish original high quality, high impact clinical and research articles on a diverse range of medical topics.
- BMJ Updated daily, bmj.com provides access to original scientific research from the BMJ Journal. Users can also gain access to articles prior to publication in the BMJ Online First section on bmj.com.
- BMJ Journals Online Collection comprises of 22 leading medical titles on specialist clinical areas, public health and evidence-based medicine. Journal articles are commissioned from world renowned medical experts, cover entire fields and feature the latest advances in clinical practice and research.
- CINAHL with full text (EBSCO) provides full text coverage for about 500 nursing & allied health journals
- Health Business Elite (EBSCO) provides full text coverage for about 500 journals covering all aspects of health care management.
- My Journals provides a complete A-Z listing of all the journals you can access, both in print and electronically.
The link to ebooks provides on-line access to the full text of over 400 eBooks including titles from the World Health Organization and major publishers. The national collection focuses on mental health.
Anatomy.tv is an interactive
anatomy resource produced by Primal Pictures and is now available
to healthcare staff in London. This 3D anatomy resource is accessed via
NHS Athens login. Anatomy TV features anatomical pictures that can be
rotated, and layers can be removed in order to expose underlying
Best Health is a health website for patients, which has in-depth information on all major chronic conditions. It tells patients which treatments work and which don't based on the latest and best research evidence.
This resource comprises over 440 learning modules including interactive case histories, just in time modules, reflective modules, and multimedia modules
The BNF provides UK healthcare professionals with authoritative and practical information on the selection and clinical use of medicines in a clear, concise and accessible manner.
BNFC presents essential practical information to help healthcare professinals prescribe, monitor, supply and administer medicine for childhood disorders
Other NHS Athens resources available to GOSH staff
A number of additional resources are made available to GOSH staff by the London Deanery and UCL. To see which resources are available you need to use your NHS Athens password to log in then view Local Resources on the Resources page.
UCL-procured electronic resources supporting education, research and clinical practice in the NHS
Additional resources are licensed through UCL Library Services, that are accessible using standard personal NHS Athens account. These currently include:
Clinical Evidence is one of the world's most authoritative medical resources for informing treatment decisions and improving patient's care.
Index of articles on a wide variety of evaluation and measurement tools for health and psychosocial studies, for practitioners, educators, researchers, and students.
- Lippincott journals. Around 250 titles are available though this route. All are current subscriptions, with no embargo
- PsycARTICLES. Over 70 journal titles from the American Psychological Association. All are current subscriptions, with no embargo.
Access to around 50 additional journal titles as a result of consortial purchasing undertaken by UCL Library Services on behalf of three Trusts: the Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust, the Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust and University College Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
70 Oxford Handbooks and Textbooks, as well as additional ebook titles, including the Oxford Handbook for the Foundation Programme, the Oxford Textbook of Medicine, the Oxford Textbook of Public Health and the Oxford Textbook of Surgery.
If you would like more information on the Athens resources please contact the NHS Athens administrator:
- Grazia Manzotti (Deputy Librarian)
Regular training sessions are available on NHS Evidence resources and searching the databases. For a list of all training sessions and booking details, please see our training pages.
Page last modified on 14 dec 12 16:57