Institute of Child Health
- Athena SWAN
- Developmental Biology and Cancer
- Developmental Neurosciences
- Genetics and Genomic Medicine
- Infection, Immunity, Inflammation and Physiological Medicine
- Population, Policy and Practice
- Rare Diseases (Cross-cutting theme)
- A-Z Programme staff
- Strategic partners
- Contact us
- ICH Intranet
Professor Chris O'Callaghan
- Eleanor Main
- Monty Mythen
- Chris O'Callaghan
- Mark Peters
- Sooky Lum
- Rosalind Smyth
- Janet Stocks
- Suellen Walker
Paediatric Spirometry Course
- Date: 18th March - 19th March, 2014
- Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, WC1N 3JH, UK
- Course Director: Dr Jane Kirkby
A one and a half-day training course on paediatric spirometry.
This course will cover:
- Basic paediatric respiratory physiology
- Quality control and calibration of equipment
- Techniques for measurement of paediatric spirometry
- Measurement of bronchodilator response and inhaler technique in children
- Presentation and interpretation of results
- Overview of spirometry across the ages and the importance of measuring lung function throughout life
For more information about this course, please see course programme (pdf).
Wednesday 18th March (all day):
Overview of spirometry assessments and quality control
Thursday 19th March (am only):
Implications of paediatric spirometry assessments throughout life
Course fee: £200
Optional half-day course:
Participants who wish to register for this course may also consider attending a half-day course on Infant and Preschool Lung Function Testing on Wednesday (19th March) afternoon.
- Additional cost: £50
ARTP spirometry certificate:
This course has been approved for the ARTP/BTS paediatric spirometry certificate. A log book and assignment must be undertaken in order to achieve the certificate.
- ARTP spirometry certificate including handbook: £200, or
- ARTP spirometry certificate excluding handbook: £170
Payment for the certificate will be made separately and will be arranged after registration. Please wait for an email from course organisers and indicate your interest by replying to the email.
This course is now fully booked. If you would like to be put on the waiting list, please contact email@example.com.
Page last modified on 28 feb 14 18:22