Clinical Trials Group
Leader: Dr Paul Brogan - Reader and Honorary Consultant
- Dr Kiran Nistala, Wellcome Trust Clinician Scientist;
- Dr Despina Eleftheriou, Consultant;
- Dr Clarissa Pilkington, Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer.
Blinded joint assessors:
- Dr C Pilkington;
- Mrs S Maillard.
The clinical trials team are running a number of clinical trials within the Great Ormond Street Hospital Somers Clinical Research Facility (CRF)
- A 12-week randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group, 2-arm study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Tocilizumab in patients with active sJIA, followed by an open label 2 year extension study, and withdrawal study after. P. Woo, D. Eleftheriou and CRF nurses.
- A randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled, withdrawal study of flare. 3rd phase: An open label extension study of canakinumab (ACZ885) in patients with Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (sJIA) and active systemic manifestations. P. Woo, K. Nistala and CRF nurses.
- An open label tolerability and safety trial of canakinumab in children under 2 with CAPS. P.Brogan and CRF nurses.
- MYCYC trial. Multicentre randomized controlled trial of mycophenolate mofetil versus cyclophosphamide for the induction of remission of ANCA associated vasculitis. More information on this can be found on the page for the Vasculitis Group P. Brogan et al (multicentre).
- Prevention and treatment of steroid-induced osteopaenia in children and adolescents with rheumatic diseases - POP Study. C. Pilkington et al (multicentre).
- Immunopathogenesis Group
- Inflammatory Muscle Disease Group
- Molecular Rheumatology Group
- Vasculitis and Autoinflammation Group
- Unit Publications
- Unit Home
Page last modified on 15 may 13 13:23