The Centre's scientific programme includes work on the impact of infant and childhood nutrition on long term health and neurodevelopment, notably -
- cognitive function
- cardiovascular disease and its risk markers
- body fatness and
- bone health.
Tools for achieving these aims include -
- use of major randomised intervention studies
- physiological investigation of energy metabolism
- body composition
- vascular physiology
- bone mineralisation and turnover
- psychometric testing and structure-function relationships in the brain.
The Centre is also interested in exploring more fundamental mechanisms involved in early nutritional 'programming' of later health and development.
Page last modified on 20 mar 12 10:50