MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health
- About Us
- Cohort Studies
- Statistical Resources
- Impact & Achievements
- Education & Training
- Data Management
Critical Appraisal Course
"Both Dr Angie Wade, Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics, and Eirini
Koutoumanou, Teaching Fellow were professional and open for dialogue on
"Pre-course preparation, information and guidance was excellent. The 1-day course was well structured."
The centre runs a variety of introductory courses for health professionals who require an understanding of research methodology and statistical analyses. We also provide training in R statistical software.
The statistics courses are run by Dr Angie Wade, Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics and Director of Statistics at the UCL Institute of Child Health, and Miss Eirini Koutoumanou, Teaching Fellow.
To book a course visit www.ucl.ac.uk/stats-courses
All courses are held in central London and provide written documentation to augment the face-to-face tuition. Where appropriate there are practical sessions to help understanding and both tutors will be on hand to assist with any problems attendees may have. We aim to foster a non-threatening environment within which discussion is encouraged.
For full details of our courses, please visit www.ucl.ac.uk/stats-courses.
General enquiries (including registration and payment) can be made via email to email@example.com or by calling +44(0)2079052340, For course-specific queries please call +44(0)77 30405 980.
The list that follows includes topics that are currently organised to take place as well as topics that can be potentially organised depending on demand:
- Analysis of 2x2 tables
- Analysis of crossover trials
- Analysis of longitudinal data
- Clustered data
- Construction and use of centile ranges
- Critical appraisal
- Interim analysis
- Introduction to Bayesian analysis
- Introduction to data linkage
- Introduction to dealing with missing data
- Introduction to multilevel analysis
- Introduction to quantile regression
- Introduction to R for statistical analysis
- Introduction to research methodology and statistics
- Introduction to statistics with R
- Logistic regression
- Reliability and measurement error
- Regression analysis
- Sample size estimation and power calculations
- Survival analysis
Page last modified on 29 nov 12 18:22