MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health
- About Us
- Cohort Studies
- Statistical Resources
- Education & Training
- Data Management
How to Practise Evidence-based Child Health
Our next course is taking place from 6th to 8th November 2013. For more information about the course and to apply, please download the application form.
The centre runs a variety of introductory courses for health professionals who require an understanding of research methodology and statistical analyses. We also provide training in R statistical software.
Dr Helen Bedford is an expert on childhood immunisation and has been carrying out research around this issue for over two decades. As well as having produced resources for both parents and healthcare professionals she also contributes to teaching, training sessions and modules. These include:
- Regular training sessions in PCTs (Islington, Camden, Haringey) to primary care staff.
- A child health surveillance course for GPs at Imperial College.
- Training sessions for paediatric nurses at South Bank University.
- An annual two day Fundamentals of Immunisation course organised with Health Protection Agency (HPA), based on the HPA core curriculum and designed for health professionals involved in immunisation.
- A module on immunisation and infectious diseases on the Child and Family Health with Dermatology Module for UCL Hospitals medical students.
- Sessions as part of the intercalated BSc in Paediatrics at UCL Institute of Child Health.
- Training sessions for staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Ad hoc sessions for parents.
Find out more about our research on immunisation
Page last modified on 24 apr 12 11:56