MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health
The research team
Catherine Law is the Director of the Centre for Policy Research. She is also:
- Chair of the NICE Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee
- Programme Director of the National Institute of Health Research's (NIHR) Public Health Research Programme
- Director of the Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Who we work with
Centre for Policy Research
The Centre for Policy Research is a part of the Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics/MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health.
We use a range of methods to try to address research questions in ways which are meaningful and useful to policy makers, with the overall aim of improving the lives and health of children by enhancing the scientific basis of policy and practice.
Our research includes, but is not limited to inequalities in health, life-course epidemiology, child public health and obesity.
As part of the Institute of Child Health we have a strong public health and paediatric base. It provides important opportunities for collaboration with other child public health researchers and practitioners within the centre, as well as nationally and internationally.
Our work includes epidemiological research, data analysis and systematic reviews:
- Cohort and cross-cohort analyses, focused particularly on maternal health behaviours, childhood growth and obesity, health in the early years and inequalities in child health.
- Evidence synthesis, particularly combining literature and policy review with the use of routine statistics and cohort analyses.
- Analysis of public policy for children’s health.
Who we work with
The Centre for Policy Research works with and is funded by:
- policy-making organisations, particularly the Department of Health
- public health departments
- public health observatories
- the voluntary sector, particularly the National Children’s Bureau
Page last modified on 13 oct 11 12:48