MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health
The mission of the centre is to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of children through interdisciplinary collaborative research that addresses questions central to clinical practice, public health and public policy.
- understand how biological, genetic, developmental, environmental and social factors during early life influence the health and wellbeing of children and adults.
- improve the scientific basis for strategies to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases that affect children and the adults they will become.
- increase research capacity by providing training in epidemiology, biostatistics and public health applied to children.
- provide an independent source of scientific expertise on children's health.