MRC CECH News
- "New approach to recording suspected child abuse in patient records (press release)"
- Staff 'too timid' on child abuse (Reaction to a series of articles on child abuse published in the Lancet medical journal).
- 'PhD student writes about her internship experience with the Academy of Medical Sciences and Medical Research Council gaining an insight into the medical policy environment'.
- Carol Dezateux awarded WellChild Researcher of the Year 2012
- Centre Director presents at international paediatrics conference
- Parents regaining confidence in MMR vaccine
- Researcher Starts MRC Fellowship
- Response to 'HIV baby cure' headlines
- Importance of MMR Vaccine
- Half of all UK 7 year-olds not getting enough exercise
- Centre's work on HIV in pregnancy highlighted in UNAIDS HIV
- Professor Ruth Gilbert is Clinical Lead for Research on UK's largest study of child mortality
- World AIDS Day 2013
- Centre expertise in infection supports HIV in pregnancy video
What we do
We teach and carry out research to improve children's health and wellbeing and to
prevent, diagnose and treat conditions that might affect them in
childhood or in later life.
We develop and apply statistical methods to complex research data and train researchers to use these methods.
We work with researchers from other disciplines and those who use our work to ensure that our research gives children the best possible start in life.
Dr Pat Tookey sits on the Steering Group for Positively UK’s From Pregnancy to Baby
and Beyond project, which trains women living with HIV as mentor
mothers to provide peer support for pregnant women newly diagnosed with HIV,
or planning pregnancy.
Published: Dec 9, 2013 1:52:38 PM
"New approach to recording suspected child abuse in patient records (press release)"
12 July 2012
Page last modified on 11 jul 12 15:14