MRC CECH News
- "New approach to recording suspected child abuse in patient records (press release)"
- Staff 'too timid' on child abuse (Reaction to a series of articles on child abuse published in the Lancet medical journal).
- 'PhD student writes about her internship experience with the Academy of Medical Sciences and Medical Research Council gaining an insight into the medical policy environment'.
- Carol Dezateux awarded WellChild Researcher of the Year 2012
- Centre Director presents at international paediatrics conference
- Parents regaining confidence in MMR vaccine
- Researcher Starts MRC Fellowship
- Response to 'HIV baby cure' headlines
- Importance of MMR Vaccine
What we do
We teach and carry out research to improve children's health and wellbeing and to
prevent, diagnose and treat conditions that might affect them in
childhood or in later life.
We develop and apply statistical methods to complex research data and train researchers to use these methods.
We work with researchers from other disciplines and those who use our work to ensure that our research gives children the best possible start in life.
Published: Apr 26, 2013 2:30:00 PM
Carol Dezateux awarded WellChild Researcher of the Year 2012
11 September 2012
Carol Dezateux was awarded WellChild Researcher of the Year 2012 at an awards
ceremony on September 3, 2012. According to WellChild, “Professor Carol
Dezateux has shown great passion and motivation for Children’s Health research
and demonstrated unwavering support of young researchers embarking on this
career path. She has given invaluable support over a number of years for the
WellChild research programme, including chairing various panels and helping to
improve what we do. She has recently stepped down as chair of both the research
and advisory panel and is about to embark on a new and exciting national birth
study next year.” Carol chaired the WellChild Child Health Advisory Committee
from 2006 and the WellChild Grant Review Panel from 2007 both until end
For more information, please visit the WellChild website.
Page last modified on 11 sep 12 09:11