MRC CECH News
- "New approach to recording suspected child abuse in patient records (press release)"
- Staff 'too timid' on child abuse (Reaction to a series of articles on child abuse published in the Lancet medical journal).
- 'PhD student writes about her internship experience with the Academy of Medical Sciences and Medical Research Council gaining an insight into the medical policy environment'.
- Carol Dezateux awarded WellChild Researcher of the Year 2012
- Centre Director presents at international paediatrics conference
- Parents regaining confidence in MMR vaccine
- Researcher Starts MRC Fellowship
- Response to 'HIV baby cure' headlines
- Importance of MMR Vaccine
What we do
We teach and carry out research to improve children's health and wellbeing and to
prevent, diagnose and treat conditions that might affect them in
childhood or in later life.
We develop and apply statistical methods to complex research data and train researchers to use these methods.
We work with researchers from other disciplines and those who use our work to ensure that our research gives children the best possible start in life.
Published: Apr 26, 2013 2:30:00 PM
Researcher Starts MRC Fellowship
11 January 2013
Dr Anna Pearce Starts MRC Population Health Scientist Fellowship
In January 2013 Anna Pearce commences an MRC Population Health Scientist fellowship. Her research will take a longitudinal and cross-national approach to gain a better understanding of why children from disadvantaged backgrounds experience poorer health than those from more advantaged backgrounds. Anna will spend the next three years researching this topic, including 12 months at the University of Adelaide. Findings will be used to inform UK and international policy for the reduction of child health inequalities.
To find out more about Anna and her research click here
Page last modified on 11 jan 13 15:53