Eating Disorders and Adolescent Mental Health
- We are part of the Behavioural and Brain Sciences Unit, based at UCL’s Institute of Child Health.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team with an interest in eating disorders and mental health of adolescents.
- We are involved in variety of research projects, with a focus on epidemiology, the effects of eating disorders in pregnancy, risk factor research and prevention.
- We collaborate with a number of UK and international organisations to improve our understanding of adolescent mental health, how eating disorders develop in adolescence and their effect on adolescent development as well as the intergenerational transmission of eating disorders.
- A new paper by our team on Gender differences in the relationship between social communication and emotion recognition has gotten a lot of attention from the press. Click here for a good article by the NHS: http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/November/Pages/Is-it-harder-to-detect-autism-in-girls.aspx
- Article and interview with Dr. Nadia Micali in Sky news: Mums-to-be 'Risking Dangers' to Stay Slim.
- Follow us on twitter
Page last modified on 20 nov 13 11:43