Institute of Child Health
The Institute of Child Health (ICH) is a research-based department offering undergraduate and postgraduate training and teaching, on a full-time, part-time, flexible or ad-hoc basis. We also run CPD and other events.
In REF 2014, ICH was part of a UCL return to the Clinical Medicine sub-panel of Main Panel A. In this sub-panel, 80% of UCL research was assessed as either world-leading (43%) or internationally excellent (37%). In assessment of research power, UCL’s performance was top in the UK.
ICH has the following educational aims:
- To provide a wide range of degree programmes through which practitioners and postgraduate students can enlarge their understanding of current practice and research in the fields of child health, and to reflect the global focus of University College London
- To encourage innovation and change in the content of postgraduate programmes, where possible using expertise and facilities available on the joint site and in associated institutes
- To use innovative methods for assessment and to promote self-directed learning
- To widen access to the taught programmes, through ‘taster’ courses and transferable credits
- To encourage links with other training opportunities at GOSH and with the short professional courses offered in the Institute
- To take part in undergraduate training of medical students.
Please see details of our degree programmes and courses listings.
The ICH’s internal services provide academic support for staff and registered students:
Please see 'Studying at UCL' for information on studying at UCL and living in London.
Page last modified on 07 jan 15 12:30