Summer Vacation Studentships
Child Health Research Studentship Scheme
Are you interested in undertaking a short research project this summer?
The Trustees of the Child Health Research CIO have once again agreed to fund the Summer Vacation Studentship Scheme this year. Up to eight studentships will be available for undergraduate students studying science or medicine with maintenance support of £190 per week for a period of up to eight weeks. Applicants should read the eligibility criteria before submitting an application.
- Eligibility Criteria
You must be:
- studying a scientific subject relative to the aims of the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, and be able to express an interest to study for a PhD in the future
- in your penultimate or final year of undergraduate study (and ready to apply for the PhD studentships immediately after your summer studentship to start in the following Autumn)
- undertaking your undergraduate degree in the UK
- Applicants with no or little previous research experience will be given priority as it is felt that these students will benefit the most from this opportunity. The duration of previous research experience must be less than 4 weeks.
- Applicants must have either (i) a minimum of 2 Grade As at A-Level and must be on track to obtain a minimum of a 2.1 for their undergraduate degree, or (ii) have at least one A at A-level and be on track for a First in their undergraduate degree (i.e. on an upward trajectory).
These are research-based placements and it is not possible to fund the
costs of overseas visits. The projects must be based entirely in the UCL
Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (UCL GOS ICH). Travel and accommodation costs are not covered by the Scheme.
The Institute's areas of research are currently grouped into academic programmes. Our laboratories are modern and well equipped and we also have excellent facilities for those carrying out research in non-laboratory subjects. You can find out more about the research carried out at ICH on our research pages.
The Institute is located in Guilford Street and the nearest tube station is Russell Square (Piccadilly Line) - map.
If you wish to be considered for a summer vacation studentship for
work to be carried out in the Institute, please complete the application form and send this electronically to ICH.Chratsum@ucl.ac.uk.
Your application will be forwarded as appropriate for further consideration.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th March 2018.
You may wish, in the meantime, to see reports provided by previous summer students.