Update in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
The purpose of this annual course is to provide an update on current practice in paediatric respiratory medicine on an everyday basis.
The programme and range of issues covered will be suitable for everyone concerned with paediatric respiratory medicine. The course will be of interest to all paediatricians, specialist trainees and nurse practitioners in respiratory paediatrics.
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has approved this activity for up to 6CPD credits, in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
9th October 2013
Kennedy Lecture Theatre
Lower Ground Floor
- Early Management of the CF screened infant
- Investigation and management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Avoiding the practical pitfalls in managing the child on NIV
- What’s new in allergy and immunotherapy
- Viral respiratory tract infections in children
- Investigation and management of the unsafe swallow
- Childhood Interstitial lung disease for the general paediatrician
- Respiratory cases
Why you should attend
Participants' comments from previous courses include:
- "Excellent and very worthwhile day, thank you"
- "Topics like asthma, bronchitis and allergy were very useful for a general paediatrician"
- "Very informative day with excellent speakers from a range of hospitals and interests"
- "Would recommend to ST trainees"
- "A very useful study day"
Registration & Refreshments
Screened CF babies - What happens in the first year
Dr Ian Balfour-Lynn
Investigation & management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
Dr Neil Shah
Avoiding the practical pitfalls in managing the child on NIV
Dr Francois Abel / Victoria Robinson
Childhood interstitial lung disease for the general paediatrician
Professor Andrew Bush
What's new in allergy & immunotherapy
Dr George Du Toit
Three challenging cases
Dr Ranjan Suri, Dr Paul Aurora, Dr Helen Spencer
Investigation & management of the unsafe swallow
Dr Colin Wallis, Martina Ryan
Who needs a sleep study?
Dr Donald Urqart
Viral Respiratory tract infection in children
Professor R Smyth
3 recent respiratory papers that changed my practice
Close of day
- Dr Colin Wallis, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician/Clinical Unit Lead, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Francois Abel, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Great Ormond Street Hospital For Children
- Dr Paul Aurora, Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine and Lung Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Ranjan Suri, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Ian Balfour-Lynn, Paediatric respiratory medicine consultant, Royal Brompton Hospital
- Professor Andrew Bush, Professor of Paediatric Respirology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London
- Dr George Du Toit, Consultant Paediatric Allergist , Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals
- Victoria Robinson
- Martina Ryan, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist –Dysphagia, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Neil Shah, Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust.
- Professor R Smyth, Director UCL Institute of Child Health, UCL Institute of Child Health
- Dr Donald Urguart, Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory and Sleep Medicine at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh
- Dr Julian Forton, Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Children' Hospital for Wales, Cardiff
Fees include course materials, refreshments and lunch.
Early bird fee:
£175 (until 02/09/13)
£225 (after 02/09/13)
We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts
or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an
automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from
your organisation if appropriate.
Contact for booking enquiries email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding this course please contact:
UCL Institute of Child Health
30 Guilford Street
London WC1N 1EH
Tel. +44 207 905 2699/2675
Contact us if you would like to sponsor this or a similar event.