Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Flow Cytometry Core Facility at UCL GOS Institute of Child Health provides state of the art instrumentation and expertise for cell analysis and sorting.
Guidelines for the use of the facility are provided on these web pages. Please ensure you have read the relevant guidelines to maximise the success and validity of your experiment.
- Services Available
- cell sorting
- cloning: single cell sorting
- data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- user training
- advice on sample preparation
- user assistance and machine troubleshooting
- help with design of experiments
- sourcing of reagents and techniques; finding alternative approaches
- help with data preparation for presentation and publication
We are also open to collaboration.
Instruments and Booking Systems
The facility has four cell analysers: LSRII, CyAn, FACSArray and FACSCalibur.
The facility offers cell sorting on the latest technology from Beckman Coulter and Becton Dickinson, the high speed cell sorters MoFlo XDP and FACSAria III.
With four lasers (350, 405, 488, and 633 nm) and 19 parameters (17 colours) detection capability.
With two lasers (488 and 633 nm) and 9 parameters (7 colours) detection capability.
With 2 lasers (488 and 633 nm) and 4 colours (FITC and PE on the blue laser and APC and APC-Cy7 on the red diode).
With 2 lasers (488 and 633 nm) and 4 colours (FITC, PE and PECy5 or PECy7 on the blue laser and APC on the red diode)
Equipped with three lasers:
Equipped with 5 lasers: