- Metallography Short Course Held at UCL
- New website launched
- New IAMS-funded students
- Professor Rothenberg Obituary
- NARNIA Cyprus 2012
- IAMS at the ISA in Leuven
- IAMS Summer School 2012 Success
- Congratulations to New PhD Graduates
- IAMS members present at BANEA
- IAMS to offer funding for Timna conference
- Timna Conference Review
- HMS 50th Anniversary Conference
- Summer School 2013 A Resounding Success
- BUMA VIII
- Professor Izumi Shimada's visit to IAMS
- Archaeometallurgy student bursaries
- Archaeometallurgy student bursaries 2016/17
- Rio Tinto sponsorship of Terracotta Army project
- Jasmine Vieri awarded IAMS student bursary 2014-2015.
New website launched
23 February 2012
As part of the
effort to bring the Institute of Archaeo-Metallurgy up-to-date, we are now launching this new
website along with all past journals and many additional resources.
While IAMS has remained active as a research institute over the last several years, it has been unfortunately unable to properly disseminate this research to the public. Having recognised this shortfall and in an effort to resolve it, we are now pleased to announce the re-launch of the IAMS website.
However, this is just the beginning; we have big plans for the future of the Institute! Over the course of the year, we hope to continue to expand on the current website and make it a resource rich environment for both the public and research communities. While maintaining our high research standards and continuing our on-going projects, we aim to also expand our range of activities to new horizons. We will be keeping all of you informed of all developments right here on the main page with regular news updates as well as upcoming events relevant to archaeo-metallurgy.
In addition to all of this and in order to keep to our goals of making our research available to the widest possible audience, we have made all previous IAMS newsletter available for free on our website.
We will also be continuing our tradition of holding IAMS summer schools for all those interested, so please come back as we will be announcing details of this year's course very soon.
Page last modified on 23 feb 12 17:46