- Metallography Short Course Held at UCL
- New website launched
- New IAMS-funded students
- Professor Rothenberg Obituary
- NARNIA Cyprus 2012
- IAMS at the ISA in Leuven
- IAMS Summer School 2012 Success
- Congratulations to New PhD Graduates
- IAMS members present at BANEA
- IAMS to offer funding for Timna conference
- Timna Conference Review
- HMS 50th Anniversary Conference
- Summer School 2013 A Resounding Success
- BUMA VIII
- Professor Izumi Shimada's visit to IAMS
- Archaeometallurgy student bursaries
IAMS to offer funding for Timna conference
4 February 2013
IAMS is proud to offer full financial support for two students to travel and attend the archaeometallurgy conference in honour of the late Professor Beno Rothenberg, which will take place in Timna, Israel, April 22-25 2013.
The bursaries are aimed at helping students from low-income countries to participate in this international conference. All travel, accomodation, maintenance, and fees will be covered for these two students. The multidisciplinary theme of the conference is Mining for Copper: Environment, Culture and Copper in Antiquity.
Inquiring students should submit a budget including travel costs,
maintenance, and any other (visa?) costs, and a brief statement as to why they
want to participate; in case they wish to present their research
(preferable), they should include an abstract of up to 350 words.
Application deadline is 15 February.
Page last modified on 04 feb 13 07:01