IAMS Events Publication
- Conference in Krakow, Poland
- Conference in Birmingham, England
- Conference in Leuven, Belgium
- Experimental Course in UK
- Training course in Cyprus
- IAMS Summer School
- HMS 2012 Conference
- HMS Research in Progress 2012
- 7th Experimental Archaeology Conference
- International conference in memoriam of Prof. Beno Rothenberg at Timna
- Shropshire International Iron Working Festival 2012
- Royal Academy of Arts Bronze Exhibition
- Lecture on Chinese Zinc production
- HMS 50th Anniversary Conference
- BANEA 2013 Conference - Metals and Colours
- Ancient and Historic Metals: Technology, Microstructure, and Corrosion
- BUMA VIII Conference 2013
- Rust, Regeneration and Romance Conference
- Butser Experimental Course 2013
- HMS Spring Workshop
- SAA Conference Session
- IAMS Summer School 2013
- HMS Archives and Slag Collections Open Day
- International Conference on Metals Conservation 2013
- International Conference on Ancient Bronzes
Royal Academy of Arts Bronze Exhibition
Publication date: Sep 16, 2012 2:59:24 PM
Sep 15, 2012 12:00:00 AM
End: Dec 9, 2012 12:00:00 AM
Experience some of the world's most iconic bronze sculptures both past and present in this wonderful exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts.
Covering over 5000 years of bronzes from Asia, Africa, and Europe, this exhibition bring together 150 sculptures from across the ages. The exhibition will include the recently unearther Crosby Garrett Roman cavalry helmet which was analysed by the IoA's Ruth Fillery-Travis. This is the first time this privately held masterpiece will go on display and may be the last.
Other highlights include the severed head of King Seuthes III and the 14th Century BC bronze and gold Chariot Of The Sun from Denmark.
In addition to these exceptional pieces of art, the exhibition will also offer insight into the various sculpting, casting, and finishing techniques employed by the artists.
Further information can be found and tickets can be purchased from the Royal Academy of Arts' website.
Page last modified on 16 sep 12 14:41